Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 35
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 63
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 124
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221913
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118882
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6635
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 259
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308905
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61710
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20088
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168772
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6121
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5615
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60905
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274793
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24730

How to unpack a Phoenix BIOS
#1
Hi everyone,

I have a Supermicro X7DWN+ dual socket 771 server board that I had a bad flash on. I am trying to reflash with the original BIOS located here:

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resour...px?ID=1116

The file is called X7DWN0.B19. When I try to flash, I keep getting errors about the BIOS being the wrong size. I was on the flashrom irc channel and they suggested that the BIOS is in an EFI capsule and that I should unpack the BIOS from the X7DWN0.B1 file and then try to flash.

BTW, I have a second board that I am using to do a "hot flash", i.e. I boot the board with the good chip and then swap chips to do the flashing while the system is running.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

zog
find
quote
#2
(04-27-2014, 11:46 AM)zogthegreat Wrote: Hi everyone,

I have a Supermicro X7DWN+ dual socket 771 server board that I had a bad flash on. I am trying to reflash with the original BIOS located here:

http://www.supermicro.com/support/resour...px?ID=1116

The file is called X7DWN0.B19. When I try to flash, I keep getting errors about the BIOS being the wrong size. I was on the flashrom irc channel and they suggested that the BIOS is in an EFI capsule and that I should unpack the BIOS from the X7DWN0.B1 file and then try to flash.

BTW, I have a second board that I am using to do a "hot flash", i.e. I boot the board with the good chip and then swap chips to do the flashing while the system is running.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

zog

Hi friend,
It is a Phoenix Bios New Style not capsulated and You can unpack by PMTool here :

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads...EFI-BIOSes

or using Phoenix Bios Editor 2.2.1.3 here :

http://rghost.net/54684030

About you flashing error I don't know, but may be a Ram Memory problem !
As all Bioses files have to flashed by original manufacturers programs and They normaly work.
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Hello zogthegreat,

I would recommend using BDMaster's first suggestion, the PhoenixTool.

I very highly discourage using Phoenix Bios Editor to unpack the image, if you can avoid it. Phoenix Bios Editor has been known to corrupt BIOS modules both when unpacking and when repacking. AndyP's PhoenixTool does a nice job of reintegrating all of the modules at their original offsets and checking them for a lot of the errors that PBE can make.

As for the flashing problem, I am clueless as well.


~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)