Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 39
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424264
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3568
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 233
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 169
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224034
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119118
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 242
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6750
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 364
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309592
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61917
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 579
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20233
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169184
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6284
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 780
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5746
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61135

Hp AM37 Bios v3.20 With Unlocked Overclocking Options And Lots More!
#1
Hi Everyone

This is another one of those HP bioses that have stacks of options hidden. Heres a screenshot of everything i managed to unlock

[Image: AM37%203.20.jpg]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/AM37-L%20...34s282.zip

Flash At Your Own Risk

Enjoy!

Admin
find
quote
#2
Exactly what I need ! Official BIOS from HP is a mess, especially LAN (PXE) boot and Wake-On-Lan options have simply disappeared ...
Can you re-post .BIN ? The link in your first post seems to be dead
find
quote
#3
I would like to second the request to fix the broken link to this unlocked BIOS. I have an intractable HP Compaq S4120WM with an AM37-L where the BIOS caching on startup is enforced and that interferes with operating system installation.

I tried flashing that AM37320.BIN file found elsewhere here, but all that did was change the logo from Compaq to HP and demand that I install a system fan.

Anybody following this? The board uses a 512K EEPROM.

(07-24-2009, 11:30 PM)1234s282 Wrote: Hi Everyone

This is another one of those HP bioses that have stacks of options hidden. Heres a screenshot of everything i managed to unlock

[Image: AM37%203.20.jpg]

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/747181/AM3...h%20OC.BIN

Flash At Your Own Risk

Enjoy!

Admin

find
quote
#4
Thanks for that. I'm not sure what is going on with the Compaq/HP FIC AM37 (L) but apparently the BIOS and the Windows install prefers the IDE drives to be jumpered as Chip Select and not as Master/Slave. I'm still somewhat confused about the various L revisions, the eMachines boards have 256K EEPROMS and the HP/Compaq boards have 512 K EEPROMs that don't flash from DOS and aren't recognized as Award BIOSes, and the label says Phoenix, and Pentium IV which is clearly wrong. I tried a variety of DOS flashers and all of them gave cryptic errors, but I was finally able to flash the BIOS with Winflash from Windows using a cloned disk on the board.

In your AM37320 dated 10/17/10 the Integrated Devices shows up under the floppy drive boot order tree, which appears to be minor problem, but I would be more interested in any 512 K BIOS you have that corresponds to the graphic screen shot you posted, whether it be a 256 K load or a 512 K load, and if the binary still exists. I'll update you as soon as I get the board working reliably and can reliably flash the BIOS again.

Regardless, thanks for your effort. I've got days involved in this stupid board. I feel an Office Space moment coming on.
find
quote
#5
Ok, folks, this is what I have discovered after days of stupid dinosaur experiments on old AMD XP boards of several varieties. The BIOS on these boards are not always at fault with this problem, but having an unlocked fully functional BIOS and a multiplier unlocked AMD processor can help immensely with this problem.

There is a serious stability bug in Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that i was completely unaware of, and randomly effects different CPUs and boards depending on their BIOS and hardware configurations and results in a BSOD page fault error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356

I finally got around it on the AM37 by jumpering the board back to 100 MHz FSB, but I haven't yet tested where the FSB or multiplier trigger is exactly with this problem. Back in the K6 days something like this was more insidious than a BSOD, it would literally corrupt the data running through the SIS memory controller. Unfortunately, I was unaware of this problem because I only recently started working with fast AMD CPUs and boards, and I have been loading Service Pack 3 directly, and not going through SP2 first, patching the board, and then loading SP3.

So that's it, a modern day 'Henry Spencer Effect'. What a waste of time this would have been if I had not learned something from it. So any fully unlocked BIOS or any modded our souped up BIOS is always greatly appreciated here. Thanks.

(05-28-2011, 12:38 PM)Modman Wrote: Thanks for that. I'm not sure what is going on with the Compaq/HP FIC AM37 (L) but apparently the BIOS and the Windows install prefers the IDE drives to be jumpered as Chip Select and not as Master/Slave. I'm still somewhat confused about the various L revisions, the eMachines boards have 256K EEPROMS and the HP/Compaq boards have 512 K EEPROMs that don't flash from DOS and aren't recognized as Award BIOSes, and the label says Phoenix, and Pentium IV which is clearly wrong. I tried a variety of DOS flashers and all of them gave cryptic errors, but I was finally able to flash the BIOS with Winflash from Windows using a cloned disk on the board.

In your AM37320 dated 10/17/10 the Integrated Devices shows up under the floppy drive boot order tree, which appears to be minor problem, but I would be more interested in any 512 K BIOS you have that corresponds to the graphic screen shot you posted, whether it be a 256 K load or a 512 K load, and if the binary still exists. I'll update you as soon as I get the board working reliably and can reliably flash the BIOS again.

Regardless, thanks for your effort. I've got days involved in this stupid board. I feel an Office Space moment coming on.

find
quote
#6
link is dead. Can you repost the link?
find
quote
#7
I've got a HP Compaq 4000 Pro and I can't seem to get any programs to unlock the hidden settings bios, could someone help me please

Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq 4000 Pro SFF PC
BIOS Version: 786H7 v02.00
Download bios: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54252.exe
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)