Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107983
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14354
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425627
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3841
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227533
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310582
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

I apologize I can't figure out where to put this.
#1
Hi, I'm running on a very old Emachine T3092 and I'll make this as short as possible.
Earlier this week I finally happened to notice that my CPU speed is clocked at 1.3Ghz when I knew it was supposed to be over 2Ghz.
After hours of searching I found out that for some reason the manufacturer BIOS provided has it throttled down to 1.3Ghz because it runs it at 100MHz instead of 166.
So I eventually, painstakingly, found a download link for the modded bios that would allow me to change all that.
Unfortunately the modded BIOS probably had more done to it than was ever needed which made it quite unstable. I eventually gave up on it even though the CPU speeds were great.

So, here I am, trying to see if I can get help with modding my own or getting my BIOS modded just strictly to set the 100MHz to 166MHz on both the CPU and RAM.

Which is where I run into my next problem. You see, I see sections for Phoenix BIOS and Award BIOS but when running Everest it shows that my BIOS comes from both. Which is really confusing. (I guess I don't know which is which.)

Here's the info it gives me.

Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1300 MHz (13 x 100) 1700+ <-- That should be 2.167GHz or something to that effect.
Motherboard Name FIC K7M-NF18G (AU31) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 IG2
DIMM1: Crucial CT12864Z40B.K16TY 1 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM2: Same as DIMM1
BIOS Type Award (05/12/04)
  • BIOS Version Version TCB427G
  • Award BIOS Type Phoenix-Award BIOS v6.00PG
  • Award BIOS Message Version TCB427G
  • System BIOS Date 05/12/04

DMI BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
DMI System Manufacturer eMachines
DMI Motherboard Manufacturer First International Computer, Inc.
DMI Motherboard Product AU31
DMI Motherboard Version PCB 1.x

I'm well aware that this is quite an old BIOS and Motherboard but I do desperately need the help. I just need to know if it's possible to have values changed in the original BIOS file (like just editing the number from 100 to 166) or if it has to be given the option within the BIOS to be switched manually at start up, or if it requires something else entirely.
I'm not very computer illiterate, this is just new ground for me.

Thank you for any help you all may provide and please move this to the correct section, I'm sorry I couldn't figure it out.

P.S. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I noticed that the editor for phoenix BIOS hosted on this site only takes ROM and some other file type. My BIOS files are in .BIN format. Not sure what that means or if I can get support for this.
I've provided the both the original BIOS I reverted to and the modded BIOS I tried.


Attached Files
.bin   Original BIOS TCB427G.BIN (Size: 256 KB / Downloads: 41)
.bin   Modded BIOS TCB420JA.BIN (Size: 256 KB / Downloads: 32)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)