Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108043
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425650
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227609
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

I need help "Unlocking FSB Limit" on Foxconn Socket 940 Opteron Motherboard.
#1
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a Foxconn NFPIK8AA-8EKRS socket 940 opteron motherboard that has a FSB limit of 300 in BIOS. I really like this motherboard and looking for a mod to set higher FSB.

I know noting about moding a BIOS so I'm asking for your help. I do know how to flash the BIOSSmile This is one of the kind motherboard that has a lot of potential.

More details on the board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813186055

BIOS is on their website:
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx?models=en-us0000005&category=C000000001&series=en-us0000005&keywords=&sort=BIOS

Thank you for all your effort.
find
quote
#2
Once again , we can change the default values but we arent too sure whether it just changes the text or the default values themselves.

OK just to test please download the following bios. I have edited the 300mhz FSB to 325mhz

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/4A6W1P28.BIN

Please flash this bios and select the 325mhz option and see if it changes the Clock Speed to the right amount or not. If it does change it properly I can replace the values to be whatever you wish

Regards
Admin
find
quote
#3
(08-18-2010, 06:06 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Once again , we can change the default values but we arent too sure whether it just changes the text or the default values themselves.

OK just to test please download the following bios. I have edited the 300mhz FSB to 325mhz

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/4A6W1P28.BIN

Please flash this bios and select the 325mhz option and see if it changes the Clock Speed to the right amount or not. If it does change it properly I can replace the values to be whatever you wish

Regards
Admin

I just flashed the board and noting changed. I see 320FSB instead of 300. When i set it to 320, it only overclocks to 300.

I see what you mean. How about other manufacturers that have their bios above 300FSB. How do they do it? Is their BIOS and my bios completely difference?
find
quote
#4
Oh no its possible , its just more fiddly and awkward Tongue

Il work it out for you Smile

Admin
find
quote
#5
Right ok my co-admins taking a look too Smile
find
quote
#6
Can you please describe the method you did for updating the fsb value. If it was done in a hex editor it won't work Smile

TheWiz
www find
quote
#7
(08-19-2010, 06:49 AM)1234s282 Wrote: Oh no its possible , its just more fiddly and awkward Tongue

Il work it out for you Smile

Admin

I'll send you few bucks if we get it to work Smile
Got a watercooling setup ready but noting to use it on. Hoping to "put my mobo on the edge" lol

I also got an Iwill DK8ES motherboard that has adjustments for FSB in BIOS but when I up the FSB I get NO overclock. I got the board with BIOS version 1.2 and then updated to v1.3 BIOS and still unable to overclock it. People at 2cpu forum said that BIOS version 1.1 was the only one that overclocked the board. I guess Iwill just disabled the feature to be on the safe side.

I tryed to reflash the board to v1.1 but it did not work. Maybe you can look at BIOS V1.1 and V1.3 and compare them so I could have a FSB option working Smile

More info on the board:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813129002

This looks like the correct Bios but I'm not 100% sure since Iwill is out of besiness. Version 1.3 is the latest:
http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/BIOS...65095.html

Version 1.1:
http://www.downloadplex.com/Drivers/BIOS...65097.html

Thanks a lot!
ILYA
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)