Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 459
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104589
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 978
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14339
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 247
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425522
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 526
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 326
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 665
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227441
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 613
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

Inspiron 1720 Memory/RAID Mod
#1
Hi,

I'm looking for a modification to the Inspiron 1720 (and possibly others later) to enable 8Gb of RAM and RAID. I'm a programmer by trade, former certified micro-miniature repair technician and I moonlight as a Dell laptop repair tech. I'm very interested in growing my side business. I'm looking for a cheap but powerful (well powerful enough Big Grin) platforms for some software I'm working on. Love the Inspiron 1720 for this. It would be totally awesome if I could get by the 8gb limit and juice up the performance/fault-tolerance by getting the raid going on them.

I'm willing to pay a reasonable sum on terms for this if I can get an exclusive license and the modification is secure. I'm willing to contribute if it can't be secured or if there's no interest in a contract for an exclusive license. I'm not fabulously wealthy but if we can come to agreement then it's all good.

I'd be more than happy to barter for it if possible. I can offer programming services or some repair services, I even has some laptops to offer although all I have in stock right now are Inspiron 1525s, they're some great machines, well configured in very good condition. I'm very open to any sort of wheeling-and-dealing on this if possible.

I can contribute to the project as well if anyone needs something figured out in hardware or software and can point me in the right direction, I'll do my best to help out and save some of the cost.

If anyone is interested let me know.

Thanks,
Darren
find
quote
#2
Sorry for the double post... Is this not possible? If so somebody tell me and I'll find a different laptop. Big Grin If it is possible I'll definitely hook a brutha up as long as it's on terms we agree on.
find
quote
#3
As far as im aware I dont see how this can be done Sad

Sorry
Admin
find
quote
#4
(01-25-2011, 06:29 AM)1234s282 Wrote: As far as im aware I dont see how this can be done Sad

Sorry
Admin

What's the worst problem that you know of? If it's hardware related there are quite a few different motherboards for the 1720. I'll get them all if need be.

I heard they dumbed down the 1720 so it wouldn't compete with the M1730. I have them both! Big Grin Gonna try an unrelated mod for my 1720 in the next week or so.
find
quote
#5
Wink 
Oh! Idea I may have just solved the RAID problem in a different way! Will post results when I get a chance to try it out. I'm super busy right ATM.

find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)