Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425539
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227486
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310566
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

Insyde Bios Mod Help
#1
I'm attempting to modify the bios for an HP dv6t-6c00. I feel like I'm close I just need someone with more knowledge to help get me over the hump. I see a lot of requests for this bios and if I am able to get this working I can contribute to the community. I have been through the guides and many threads.

Released: 2012-05-28
Version: F.19
Compatibility: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Download link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57474.exe

I feel like there is a step that I am missing or that HP really locked down this version. I've listed below what I have tried and the results.

Testing Tools
1. Decrypt bin file using hewprsa from Andy's tool generating sig file.
2. Encrypt resulting file back into bin file using hewprsa using generated sig file.
3. Rename HP_TOOLS to RE_HP_TOOLS. (without renaming flash fails)
4. Flash bios file using InsydeFlash with modded dll.
5. Reboot
6. Success

Test Andy's Tool
1. Start with decrypted bin and open in Andy's tool
2. Chose HP as manufactuerer, set "Do Not modify ACPI Tables", "No SLIC", and "Allow user to modify other modules" and click go.
3. Find the hardware ID of my current card in ROM files (2 places).
4. Replace with hardware ID of new card using WinHex.
5. Click OK to repackage bios.
6. Encrypt resulting file back into bin file using hewprsa using generated sig file
7. Rename HP_TOOLS to RE_HP_TOOLS. (without renaming flash fails)
8. Flash bios file using InsydeFlash with modded dll.
9. Receive boot block cannot downgrade error.
(No matter what I change using Andy's tool I get this error. I tried a change as simple as changing the error message "104 ..." to "204 ...")

Test EZH2O Tool
1. Start with decrypted bin and open in EZH2O.
2. Open memory in Winhex and open Entire Memory.
3. Find the hardware ID of my current card in ROM files (2 places).
4. Replace with hardware ID of new card using winhex.
5. Click disk image to save.
6. Choose file save as in EZH2O to save file.
7. Encrypt resulting file back into bin file using hewprsa using generated sig file.
8. Rename HP_TOOLS to RE_HP_TOOLS. (without renaming flash fails)
9. Flash bios file using InsydeFlash with modded dll.
10. Flash completes without error.
11. Reboot results in flashing caps lock and required bios recovery.
(No matter what I change using this method I get the flashing caps lock. I tried a change as simple as changing the error message "104 ..." to "204 ...")

I'm struggling to figure out why changing a single hex value in the bios file would cause it not to boot. Especially if that value just changes a "1" to a "2". Any insight would be very much appreciated. Any questions let me know.

Thanks!
find
quote
#2
I've spent hours upon hours trying to get this figured, but I've been met with failure at every turn. I would love to be able to downgrade to an older whitelist removed bios, but that is blocked by the boot block of the bios. I've personally run out of things to try, so unless someone can help me out with something to try or give a method to get around the boot block issue for downgrading bios. I know one thing I will never recommend HP to someone who wants a higher end laptop. I love the laptop, but the available wireless really cripples it and HP seems to do everything possible to prevent me from upgrading it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)