Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424180
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3561
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 224
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223848
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6742
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309531
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 570
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20224
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169163
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6268
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 773
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5740
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61120
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274956

Intel DG41WV and Xeon X5450, microcode update
#31
Make a photo of results for CHECKUP7 on your system.
find
quote
#32
The process completed without issues and the microcode update was successful. I got an old HDD with Windows 8.1 32 bits to check if the PC could boot and it indeed did it. However as soon as there is any load into the CPU and RAM besides Windows stock boot the PC gets a BOSD. The system let me open CPU Z once and it showed all the supported instructions including SSE4.1, so I guess my chip is faulty, because with a Pentium E5700 there isn't any issue and the computer works normally, even after the microcode injection.

Thanks for your time and an apology if I was annoying.

Best regards!
find
quote
#33
I have this board and try follow the steps in the posts, but didint work i cant update the bios, when i reboot the microcode isnt have inserted in bios.
find
quote
#34
Post a photo of the screen with results of my version of CHECKUP7
find
quote
#35
HI Guys, I need help. I have an Intel motherboard (model DG41WV) and recently I bought a Xeon x5460 cpu, but I do not know how to install the Xeon microcodes on the bios of my motherboard. I know it's very complicated in the intel bios, I'm not even sure if it's possible, but I really need a tutorial. thank
find
quote
#36
Dragondecomodo, read this thread attentively.
find
quote
#37
(03-10-2020, 01:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Dragondecomodo, read this thread attentively.

I already read this thread carefully. and from what I could understand to install the microcodes of my x5460 what I have to do is:

Use Rufus to make a native DOS bootable USB stick.
Download checkupm.zip (your version of CHECKUP7) and extract the files to this USB device.
Boot from this USB stick.
Take and publish the photo of the result.


and doing this everything should work fine. truth?
find
quote
#38
I'm not a tutor - just fo it..
find
quote
#39
can you help me? I have a intel dg41wv and i want install the micro codes please (i have the xeon L5420). I look for old threads but i follow those steps and do not work

With this processor (L5420) the system do not boot
find
quote
#40
I can not post screenshots (CPU) and regedit with those keys, because the motherboard do not boot with xeon processor
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)