Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425539
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227488
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310566
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

Lenovo Z580 BIOS Mod V3.1 FINAL [02/07] [DOWNLOAD]
Hi!
Thank you a lot for this mod, it works brilliant.

One question:
I have a z380 with cpu intel b970 on board. I got i7 3520m by occacion, according to the user manual it is in the list of FRU to that model, however it seems not to start at all.
Is it supported by this mod?
In other topic (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/archive/...039-3.html) you say that Intel HD 4000 vbios is needed in some cases. Should I make something in this direction?

I'm really not sure whether i7 is working and not broken, it might be not the bios problem at all. One more time: thank you a lot for you help.
find
quote
The i7 technically should work out the box as it's the same BIOS, not sure if the Z380 configuration is different, you can try the BIOS mod but it might not help, ID say you have an incompatible CPU.
find
quote
(03-09-2016, 05:07 AM)LosSantosPro Wrote: The i7 technically should work out the box as it's the same BIOS, not sure if the Z380 configuration is different, you can try the BIOS mod but it might not help, ID say you have an incompatible CPU.
Thank you for such a fast answer!
I have already installed v3.1, having difficulties with bios upgrade from lenovo website, believing bios might be the source of problem. No result.

ID say you have an incompatible CPU
What do you mean?
find
quote
(03-09-2016, 05:18 AM)zebraman Wrote:
(03-09-2016, 05:07 AM)LosSantosPro Wrote: The i7 technically should work out the box as it's the same BIOS, not sure if the Z380 configuration is different, you can try the BIOS mod but it might not help, ID say you have an incompatible CPU.
Thank you for such a fast answer!
I have already installed v3.1, having difficulties with bios upgrade from lenovo website, believing bios might be the source of problem. No result.

ID say you have an incompatible CPU
What do you mean?

I just checked, it should be compatible with your laptop. the CPU may be faulty
find
quote
[quote pid='110128' dateline='1457708791']
I just checked, it should be compatible with your laptop. the CPU may be faulty
[/quote]

Thank you! It's not what I wanted to hear, but it seems to be true.
find
quote
Hi,

thanks for this mod.
I use Windows and Linux Mint.
After Bios flash the Grub Menu not appears. Windows starts directly.
I use UEFI, it´s enabled. Where can i disable Secure Mode? I can´t find that.
Can anyone help? Huh

Thanks
find
quote
Thanks for your work.

I flashed my Z580 running 5FCN95WW with your BIOS. I am also experiencing the brightness issue. I get a very dim screen in the bios and boot messages. OS X seems to work around it for the most part, but is still dimmer than before. If I crank the brightness with the Fn and arrow keys, it will brighten in most scenarios. This will sometimes stick for one reboot, but by the second reboot, it is dim again. For testing purposes, I booted off a Fedora 22 live CD. This is very dim and the Fn and arrow keys have no effect. I never had brightness issues with 5FCN95WW.

Thanks for any help.
find
quote
Hi, easy fix my friend.

Go to BIOS Setup (F2 at boot)

Then do the Fn Up until max brightness then save changes and exit

Should do the trick
find
quote
(03-20-2016, 08:25 AM)LosSantosPro Wrote: Hi, easy fix my friend.

Go to BIOS Setup (F2 at boot)

Then do the Fn Up until max brightness then save changes and exit

Should do the trick

Thanks for the quick response.  That seems to fix it for one boot.  Then it goes back to dim.  I am coming from bios 5FCN95WW.  A Russian forum had a posting from a user experiencing similar behavior with this bios.  He seemed to attribute it to the newer bios having 100 levels of illumination where this one has 20.  I'm not sure where he got that information or how accurate it is.

https://applelife.ru/threads/lenovo-z580...cSFUwbL1Ug

A bit more info: It seems to take about 40 hits of the Fn-Up to achieve full brightness after boot.
find
quote
Hi, that seemed to fix for me and other users, try setting your BIOS to default then try again

Thx
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)