Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107982
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14352
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227524
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310579
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

Lenovo g780, bios black screen
#1
Dear Forum.

I have a computer..:
Lenovo g780
model 2182
bios..: 5ECN96WW(V9.01 )

My problem is that I yesterday used a hacked/mod bios for my computer that unlock everything in the bios menu.
Afterwards I booth the computer and enter bios everything seem to work perfect, but hen i desided to change something in bios.
Well in my laptop there are two video cards and one was as default selected but I desided that it would be more appropriate to choose "automatic" video card selection and then I save and reboot the computer.

Well now all i have is black screen and I cannot se anything.. I think it stop before I reach bios and then there is some kind of fault.
The computer boot but do not even react to me holding f2 or any other keys and I cannot hear any beeping either when holding in keyboard keys at startup.  ( typical the computer would beep when holding in f2 or other key after a few seconds when it boot ).

- Technical speaking I fucked up, and I need to make an emergency bios flash with my original bios    xxxxxxxxx.rom    file.

I have tried various solutions regarding creating an emergency usb flash disk with the .rom file and something els ( not sure I did it correctly )
I also tried various forum tips such as holding   FN+B or windows+B without having any luck in automatic forcing a bios update. ( i maybe is using wrong named bios name and file format and maybe are missing the correct software ).
I also tried to use the "original" button near power that normal can rescue the computer and give me some kind of boot screen, but I dont think it work ( I have black screen )

I have even gone as far as dissaembling the computer and unwelding the bios battery and 2 minutes later I read somewhere that that did not solve similar problems since the computer properbly store the bios settings in an internal flash memory. ( so removing power for 24 hours do not help either)
And it did also not solve my problem.

Well I have reached the point where I consider throwing the computer in the trash but im kind of hoping someone can help me and if there is hope for my computer... It is a nice computer and only reason why I even tried to mod the bios was that I wanted to use an external video card with the pciE slot but since the computer block anything els than the original wifi then I tried to fool arround with the bios.... and that was a bad idea.

- Do you think a professional repair man might be able to save my computer and reflash bios and bring it to life again ?

Anyway I hope someone can help me....
find
quote
#2
Hi
I made the same mistage as You. I just wantend to disable Integrated graphics card and I disabled Integrated Graphics Card. And now I have the same problem. (funniest is that I made it 17 Apr 2016 at evening, something about 18-19h. Now are two of us foolishSmile)
SYmptoms are below.

When I pressing power ON button I hear a fan, HDD and DVD and led from
power, battery lights on, and led from hdd blinks one time. After that
numlock's led is on. On screen I see nothing. It is just black. Even in
dark room when I'm flashing directly on it still see nothing. In this
state Laptop react for pressing capslock or numlock buttons and
changing their state ON/OFF.

I tried to do emergency BIOS flashing by unplugging AC, holding Fn-B
and then power button. FAN is spinning on highest speed, pendrive that
I used blinks one time and after about 10 seconds starting flashing
with led for 20 or more seconds. I seems like reading bios QIWG5.bin
file, but after those 20 seconds nothing happens. I read that G780
should make one short beep, and after a while should start beeping in
interval several times. Instead of this is only silence and after a few
minutes shutting down without success. Symptoms are still like in
second paragraph.

I tried every USB port, with or without battery, original BIOS that was
before update, this new bios. Pendrive is formatted in FAT16.
Any suggestions about what else can I do?
Best regards, Peter
*sorry for my English I didn't use it since school)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)