Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
#31
No, I know about hidden system files. I always keep my Explorer settings to "show system and hidden files", anyway. I tried turning that off and on again, I even tried exploring the USB pendrive on a different computer. It's empty.

Anyway, I flashed the new Beta BIOS using ASUS utility. Everything seems to run perfectly fine. I'm going to stick the X6 in there now.

Wish me luck!
find
quote
#32
(12-28-2010, 03:00 PM)Keyzer Wrote: No, I know about hidden system files. I always keep my Explorer settings to "show system and hidden files", anyway. I tried turning that off and on again, I even tried exploring the USB pendrive on a different computer. It's empty.

Anyway, I flashed the new Beta BIOS using ASUS utility. Everything seems to run perfectly fine. I'm going to stick the X6 in there now.

Wish me luck!
Good luck! Big Grin

Do u know that then I will ask to u, bench, screenshot and other? Angel Tongue

[Image: sysp-127920.png]
find
quote
#33
Well, report time.

I wouldn't say the test was a total failure, because a couple of things DID work =P
First things first: I flashed the BETA BIOS without issues. After a first attempt of rebooting, everything seemed in the right place in the BIOS setup screen, my computer POSTed without any problems, and reached the WinXP welcome screen. After that, everything seemed to slow down to unbearable levels. WinXP would start, but only after about 25 mins, during which the normal booting process would take place (loading screen, wlcome screen, desktop, desktop icons, start up processes, etc), but at a very slow speed. I thought it was something to do with the multipliers not been set up correctly (it's all set to AUTO) or something like that, since it looked like it was running on a much slower CPU. So, I decided to try the X6, since the BIOS should recognize it and configure it automatically.

It did recognize it correctly, and gave me a lot of BIOS options that were not available with my old 5200+ (like the Phenom Patch fix and such). The PC would turn on normally, I could access the BIOS screen, it would POST, but wouldn't go past that. It seems that whenever it has to access a drive to boot the OS, it hangs (blank screen with blinking white dash). I tried changing the booting order among the HDDs, CDs, and such, to no avail. I also tried all combinations of C'n'Q, Virtualization, Phenom Patch, and such, turning them on and off.

I switched back to the 5200+, and the incredibly slow booting continued. I restored to the official 5002 Bios and htings went back to normal.

Hope it helps! Let me know if you want me to run any specific tests.
find
quote
#34
Keyzer,

It's great to ehar the CPU was properly detected. These symptoms are very common to the initial testing done on the M2N-SLI-DELUXE. Did you happen to notice by chance if the reported RAM showed up as 128MB. If so, we have the same issue reported in earlier testing.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#35
TheWiz,

According to POST message:

Installed memory: 0 MB
Available Memory: 127 MB

Yes, that's 127, not 128. I don't think that makes much of a difference, but that's what it read. BIOS let me access several DRAM timing optiones, but I didn't mess with those at all.

Hope it helps!
find
quote
#36
Yep, I know exactly what the problem is, but it'll take me a bit of "fiddling" to fix it. I need someone who can recover from a bad BIOS so I can release another BETA for testing. We need to properly match the AGESA with the MEMINIT and it doesn't always go as planned. Again guys, please let me know and I'll FTP it up.

TheWiz
www find
quote
#37
What do you mean recover from a bad BIOS? I can recover from a BIOS that won't let me load the OS, as long as I can still access the BIOS menu. That's what I did yesterday, in fact. I keep the last official BIOS saved on CDs and floppy disks, just in case, and I used ASUS EZ Flash utility.

If you mean having a spare BIOS chip, then no, I can't do it.

find
quote
#38
Yeah bad BIOS i mean prepare for the worst, which never has happened before but I am always over-precautious with BIOS stuff. Doesn't your board come with ASUS Crashfree?
www find
quote
#39
Well, now that you mention it, yes, it does come with the CrashFree Utility. I forgot about that.

I never had to use it yes, though, but I assume it should work ok.
find
quote
#40
Another thing I remembered just now, and maybe can help:

While using the modded BIOS, and with the X6 plugged in, in the DRAM timing section of the BIOS setup menu the "current timings" read "400 MHz -2T".
I can't remember (didn't check, actually), what it said with the modded BIOS but the 5200+ plugged in.

I have 667MHz memories installed, and everything set to auto. The 5002 official BIOS detects them correctly (currently, the current timings read "667MHz -2T").
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)