Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14003
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424471
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224556
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119174
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309730
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61966
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20280
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169332
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6353
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5799

MSI B75A-G41 password reset
#1
Hello everyone. 
First of all I'm new on this forum and don't have much experience with BIOS so I will try to explain everything best I can. I will also appreciate if someone can explain me step by step what to do. 

So my problem is years ago I bought my PC with MSI B75A-G41 mobo and put BIOS password on it which after 7 years I don't remember. I probably also set Reset password option to disable. Not sure about that but I've been trying to reset CMOS by JBAT1 bumper and battery remove, date and time reset's but password still show's up  Angry 

I've been contacting MSI support but the only respond I get is to contact with local vendor, which I did but they couldn't help me. 
I've also read this thread https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid146293 
problem seems similar to mine, I've tried this method but I get only error's in console:

"C:\Users\[censored]\Desktop\FPT V11\FPT V11>FPTw.exe/bin -bios -rewrite -f E7971IMS.BE0
PMXUtil: Error during PMX Call: idrvdll.dll!IDRVInstallDriver(): Couldn't Open S
ervice Manager err (5)

Error 366: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account."

I don't know if the method is proper for my MOBO and what I'm doing wrong. Maybe there is other option to reset my password?
Hope some of you guys can help me cuz im fighting with this for few days and im really getting tired of this. 
Thanks in advance for any response.

EDIT: Link to dump of bios:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9p5eb4co8...8.rom/file
find
quote
#2
Make a current dump of BIOS.
find
quote
#3
Thanks for quick response DeathBringer. I'll dump current BIOS but could you explain me what to do after that?
find
quote
#4
Upload dump to somewhere and publish the link to it.
find
quote
#5
(06-15-2019, 04:55 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Upload dump to somewhere and publish the link to it.

Ok, so i tried method described here https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/how-...bios-dump/
and got error while running dump.bat as admin:
"
C:\Users\[censored]\Desktop\dump>cd   /d C:\Users\[censored]\Desktop\dump\

C:\Users\[censored]\Desktop\dump>fptw.exe -d bios.bin

Intel ® Flash Programming Tool. Version:  2.0.0.2077
Copyright © 2007 - 2015, Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.


Error 285: Fail to load driver (PCI access for Windows).
Tool needs to run with an administrator priviledge account.

C:\Users\[censored]\Desktop\dump>pause
Aby kontynuować, naciśnij dowolny klawisz . . .
"
find
quote
#6
Make a current dump of BIOS by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0.
find
quote
#7
Thank you. Worked very well. Link to dump below:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9p5eb4co8...8.rom/file
find
quote
#8
OK. Read PM.

Update: current password is sent.
find
quote
#9
Unfortunetly password won't match.
find
quote
#10
You fool me.
Current password is 10e36cfa
Old password was mgnvzvb610e36cfa!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)