Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: k24a1
Today 05:28 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 6573
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 86
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317137
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101076
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2524
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40972
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55324
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64132
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4102
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 98
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52219
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167228
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 240
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 330
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 130
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6334
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 140

[Request] MSI H170A PC MATE BIOS
My MSI H170 PC MATE asks me for UEFI BIOS password every time I try to access the BIOS setup, I've tried several methods to reset and several methods of flashing the BIOS, I've even tried tools that supossedly removes BIOS passwords!

Can anyone please mod me a UEFI BIOS that clears the password?

The latest official BIOS can be downloaded from --> http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7971vBE.zip <--

Or can anyone please provide me with instructions to flash the BIOS with the correct tool and command line switches to flash BIOS and erase all user defined settings including all passwords?

Thank you in advance!
find
Did you already clear CMOS? Full clear, remove all power, unplug PSU From the wall, remove CMOS Battery, press and hold the power on button or short case/power on pins for 10-15 seconds and then let it sit for a minute or two?

Unzip this to a folder, put extracted BIOS file into same folder.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5931827199

Select that folder at it's root level where both the BIOS and the contents of this zip are located and hold shift and press right click, then choose open command window here. Then run the following command at the prompt

FPTw.exe -bios -f E7971IMS.BE0

If there is error, change extension and command to .bin and try again, if same error, show me command ran and error all in same image. Do not try to force forward, this can brick your board if used incorrectly.

If it flashed fine, but nothing changed, do this way, and then shut down and clear CMOS fully mentioned above before you restart the system.
FPTw.exe -bios -rewrite -f E7971IMS.BE0

If all this fails to help, send me a dump using this tool, I will check it and send you back modified BIOS to flash
FPTw.exe -bios -d backup.bin
find
Thank you so much, you're a genius!!!

FPTw.exe -bios -rewrite -f E7971IMS.BE0 and resetting as per your instructions worked like a charm!

Is that tool a universal tool? I would like to know if I can use the same tool for other UEFIs, and if so, for which UEFIs?

Again, thank you!!!
find
Nice and easy, always good when it's the easy way! You're welcome! Big Grin

It's a flash tool from Intel, they are Intel ME Specific packages for each type of Intel ME, and FPT is part of those packages. You have to use the FPTw from the Intel ME System tools version that matches your current ME, but other than that it's fairly universal for any board that contains Intel ME. All the different versions are included in this packages, in section "C2"
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

You have to be very careful with FPT usage, any incorrect using to update BIOS or ME can brick your board in one click. If you ever have any questions about using feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here and I'll reply back (If I miss your post here, PM me)

So, first command failed to clear it, and you had to use the -rewrite option? I wasn't sure if just flash would or not, so I gave both, it would be good to know if -rewrite required or you skipped the first command and went right to -rewrite?

Thanks, and you're welcome again too! Smile
find
(11-11-2018, 12:10 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Nice and easy, always good when it's the easy way!   You're welcome! Big Grin

It's a flash tool from Intel, they are Intel ME Specific packages for each type of Intel ME, and FPT is part of those packages.  You have to use the FPTw from the Intel ME System tools version that matches your current ME, but other than that it's fairly universal for any board that contains Intel ME.  All the different versions are included in this packages, in section "C2"
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

You have to be very careful with FPT usage, any incorrect using to update BIOS or ME can brick your board in one click.  If you ever have any questions about using feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here and I'll reply back (If I miss your post here, PM me)

So, first command failed to clear it, and you had to use the -rewrite option?  I wasn't sure if just flash would or not, so I gave both, it would be good to know if -rewrite required or you skipped the first command and went right to -rewrite?

Thanks, and you're welcome again too! Smile

I was the one performing the BIOS flash, I skipped right to the -rewrite option as I've wasted too many attempts at just flashing!

I have one question though: The Ethernet port and onboard sound isn't working despite being enabled in the BIOS, nothing shows up in Windows Device Manager! The Ethernet port was working for a while, then I flashed the BIOS using your method and installed a PCI Wireless LAN card, then the Ethernet stopped working, nothing in Device Manager! I doubt that this is caused by flashing the BIOS, but I'd certainly like to know how to fix this issue!

I've removed the PCI card and still no Ethernet in Device Manager - yet it is enabled in the BIOS! So I've installed PCI Express LAN and I have a USB adapter for sound!
find
Thanks for the update back!

LAN may be due to LAN MAC ID Missing, due to using the -rewrite option without a LAN MAC ID In the BIOS. What MAC ID do you get if you connect a cable to the LAN, and run this command (Do this with PCIE LAN removed) >> IPConfig /all

For the audio, reflash stock BIOS using MSI built in flasher, this should correct that issue, I don't see how that would have been messed up anyway.

Send me a dump using below, and in text file include you actual LAN MAC ID, it should be on a sticker on the board hopefully you can recognize, if not send images of all stickers and be sure to look on top/bottom sides of PCIE/PCI ports, and on the side of 24pin too.
FPTw.exe -bios -d backup.bin

Also, do you happen to have a backup of any kind made before you flashed with FPT -rewrite? If yes, please upload it for me too, and make sure to note which is that backup vs current
find