Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310644
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

Need Acer V3-551 2.02 BIOS - can't revert BIOS - help!
#1
So, I am hoping to post my questions and such in the right categories hoping something will work!

I have an Acer V3-551-8469 - and I updated my BIOS just because lol. I worked at a computer repair shop, and that was a common practice. I now figured out that I shouldn't have.

So I am now on 2.11... However, a few people I know have 2.02 and they have 16GB of RAM... I cannot even put in a stick of RAM without my graphics card crashing at the Acer logo. I need the old 4GB and the new 8GB in and it would work, but still crash. I have ran tests with that setting and it was perfect. Not sure why it was crashing. Sad

So I want 16 GB in but my computer won't even start. I try to flash using flashit, and it says the file size is wrong. The .bin is 5MB while my BIOS is 4MB. :/

I can backup my BIOS and it shows 4MB. I just can't take an older BIOS and try to flash. I even tried the FN+Esc and it worked, the flash drive was blinking and then it restart. Before, I didn't have the correct recovery BIOS name, and it would just flash forever... Now I have the correct name using Andy's tool, and it restarts and all, but doesn't revert back!

So I am in REALLY need of someone on here with a V3-551 series laptop to use the BIOS backup and send me the ROM.

Unless someone could take the BIOS and then modify it for me so then I can control the CPU and graphics memory. :/

I just want my RAM to work! Everyone else has the same RAM and it works fine!
UEFI is also turned on.

Ah - can anyone help me?

EDIT!

Actually, I cannot even backup the BIOS from the Windows 8 because UEFI is set and it is restricting the backup program from getting the BIOS.

In Windows 7, I could take the BIOS which was 4 MB.
On the Acer site, the UEFI BIOS is 5MB. When I am in legacy BIOS, it is 4MB only. I try to update UEFI in legacy BIOS and it says I can't because of the file size.

SO, I need a way, somehow that booting into legacy BIOS (to use removable media) will allow me to then revert changes to UEFI.

Right now, I am stuck and I have a feeling that upgrading the BIOS was my worse mistake.

The BIOS is only available in 2.11... The UEFI BIOS upgrades are available in 2.04 which I need, but Insyde won't let me rollback. It keeps creating and overwriting the .ini file that I have specified to allow version changes. :/

Haha I have SO much computer repair experience, but I am literally dumb when it comes to BIOS.
find
quote
#2
(04-03-2013, 11:06 PM)rowebil Wrote: So, I am hoping to post my questions and such in the right categories hoping something will work!

I have an Acer V3-551-8469 - and I updated my BIOS just because lol. I worked at a computer repair shop, and that was a common practice. I now figured out that I shouldn't have.

So I am now on 2.11... However, a few people I know have 2.02 and they have 16GB of RAM... I cannot even put in a stick of RAM without my graphics card crashing at the Acer logo. I need the old 4GB and the new 8GB in and it would work, but still crash. I have ran tests with that setting and it was perfect. Not sure why it was crashing. Sad

So I want 16 GB in but my computer won't even start. I try to flash using flashit, and it says the file size is wrong. The .bin is 5MB while my BIOS is 4MB. :/

I can backup my BIOS and it shows 4MB. I just can't take an older BIOS and try to flash. I even tried the FN+Esc and it worked, the flash drive was blinking and then it restart. Before, I didn't have the correct recovery BIOS name, and it would just flash forever... Now I have the correct name using Andy's tool, and it restarts and all, but doesn't revert back!

So I am in REALLY need of someone on here with a V3-551 series laptop to use the BIOS backup and send me the ROM.

Unless someone could take the BIOS and then modify it for me so then I can control the CPU and graphics memory. :/

I just want my RAM to work! Everyone else has the same RAM and it works fine!
UEFI is also turned on.

Ah - can anyone help me?

EDIT!

Actually, I cannot even backup the BIOS from the Windows 8 because UEFI is set and it is restricting the backup program from getting the BIOS.

In Windows 7, I could take the BIOS which was 4 MB.
On the Acer site, the UEFI BIOS is 5MB. When I am in legacy BIOS, it is 4MB only. I try to update UEFI in legacy BIOS and it says I can't because of the file size.

SO, I need a way, somehow that booting into legacy BIOS (to use removable media) will allow me to then revert changes to UEFI.

Right now, I am stuck and I have a feeling that upgrading the BIOS was my worse mistake.

The BIOS is only available in 2.11... The UEFI BIOS upgrades are available in 2.04 which I need, but Insyde won't let me rollback. It keeps creating and overwriting the .ini file that I have specified to allow version changes. :/

Haha I have SO much computer repair experience, but I am literally dumb when it comes to BIOS.

Hello, sorry i'm newbie here.
My acer aspire 4750G has black screen due to bios fail.
Can you give me tutorial to flash back my bios using crisis disk with pressing FN + ESC button. It seem that it's a phoenix securecore tiano bios.

Thanks....
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)