Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104594
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 980
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8164
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425537
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227480
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

Need help with splash screen.
#1
Hello, First I am a complete newb to all of this BIOS stuff, never mess with this other than updating it.

Now, I have a Dell Lat. D620. that I bought used from someone. All works well no problem except when you first turn on the laptop on the Dell Splash screen (screen that has F2Bios or F12 boot option) Right up above the Dell logo in white letters is his last name followed by something about blaze or some crap? Also the same is written if you go to bios under the Ownership Tag and Asset tag.

I would just like to change this back to normal, Just blank or any onwnership tag and my main concern is taking the white print off the Dell splash logo. He says his cousin did it and has no idea how to remove it.

I already tried removing cmos for about an hour or so and it did nothing. I also upgraded from A02 to the A10 I now have installed and still nothing.

Again I am new to this so please explain best as possible. Thanks for any help!

Ok so I am using the Dell CCTK and I see where it says create changes and I am able to change the configuration from his last name to nothing but i don't see how I can save this? Am I suppose to export the new configuration or what? Everytime I try exiting it says it will discard changes but I don't see where it says to keep the changes?

Ok so I am using the Dell CCTK and I see where it says create changes and I am able to change the configuration from his last name to nothing but i don't see how I can save this? Am I suppose to export the new configuration or what? Everytime I try exiting it says it will discard changes but I don't see where it says to keep the new changes?
find
quote
#2
create a bootable msdos usb stick, extract content of this archive to it, boot in msdos and try svctag.
find
quote
#3
thank you. Will give it a try now. Will clearing the asset or ownership tag also get rid of his last name on bios splash screen?

(09-06-2013, 12:12 PM)Florin9doi Wrote: create a bootable msdos usb stick, extract content of this archive to it, boot in msdos and try svctag.

You're the man. It's gone. Gave you a rep. Appreciate it.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)