Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107624
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3534
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9182
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8728
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14343
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425615
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119699
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310572
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

Need to restore BIOS
#1
Hi all,

I have a Gateway NV5927u. Since Acer makes this, I was having trouble with several issues so I used an ACER 5740 BIOS update v 1.10.
Well it took the flash, but now my battery does not recognize by BIOS. I can not seem to go back to Gateway BIOS loaded as it says wrong hardware in file during update even though the file is same size and same manufacturer. I guess its looking for hardware ID in BIOS and fails at compare to hardware.
I have tried to use PBE to unlock the BIOS files and change this, but it will not open, "invalid ROM length.
Would it be possible for the file/s to be modded to make loading the Gateway BIOS back on?
I have even tried the recover Phoenix BIOS procedure, but it still says wrong hardware and will not accept anything except ACER BIOS which works fine but no battery.

Any Ideas? Thank you for your time.

Current loaded BIOS
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_1.10_A_A.zip?acerid=633977516534210852&Step1=Notebook&Step2=Aspire&Step3=Aspire%205740&OS=722&LC=en&BC=Acer&SC=PA_6

Need to load.
http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Gateway_1.26_A_A.zip?acerid=634334386232367900&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=NV%20SERIES&Step3=NV59&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=GATEWAY&SC=PA_6G
find
quote
#2
During the phoenix bios process, it runs on blank screen.
that means, it cant be see any of message on screen.

It has embedded keyboard controller and bios update.

I would like to suggest change /FORCE option in BIOS.bat

phlash16 /x /s /c /mode=3 %UMAROM%
to
phlash16 /FORCE /x /s /c /mode=3 %UMAROM%

and run "Flash.bat" to flash BIOS in pure DOS.

find
quote
#3
(02-25-2011, 12:40 PM)cyberpark Wrote: During the phoenix bios process, it runs on blank screen.
that means, it cant be see any of message on screen.

It has embedded keyboard controller and bios update.

I would like to suggest change /FORCE option in BIOS.bat

phlash16 /x /s /c /mode=3 %UMAROM%
to
phlash16 /FORCE /x /s /c /mode=3 %UMAROM%

and run "Flash.bat" to flash BIOS in pure DOS.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your suggestion is exactly what I needed to try next step as I did not know the force commands for DOS.

While I was waiting, I tried to do a Winphlash back to the Gateway BIOS for kicks and it failed to flash the BIOS, but it did reset the battery and allowed to charge to >30% as it had drained battery and phlash16 was needed in DOS to change.

ACER makes the Gateway 5927u, and it is basically same board and chip set as ACER 5740. I upgraded to latest ACER 1.28 from 1.10 via DOS which caused the battery light to flash red and not be recognized, again.Confused I did another Winphlash in Windows and it reset the battery to Blue Charged status.Rolleyes

So long story short, I believe I will stick with the v1.28 Acer 5740 BIOS as my machines overheating problems seemed to have improved and the battery is now functioning correctly.

Also, Gateways most recent is 1.26 and since the company is a sub, it does not get updates as often. Don't want to ruin a good thing as I prefer to see an ACER post screen versus Gateway anyway Smile

It is very good to know there is a solid BIOS forum like this. THANK YOU for all your shared help and knowledge. This is a valuable resource thanks to all of you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)