Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104593
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 980
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425537
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 529
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227478
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119628
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310561
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62219

OptiPlex 360 380 760 780 960 Xeon LGA 771 E0 1067A Microcode
(11-19-2019, 05:09 PM)TheLegendofMario Wrote: So this mod removes all LGA775 Microcodes and replaces them all with LGA771 microcodes?

What would the highest CPU I could probably put in the Optiplex 360?

No, it leaves some LGA 775 - probably takes out to lower end ones. It only has to add 10676 and 1067A for LGA771 support, I believe. It's been awhile but you may want to stick with the Xeon X5460 because anything higher may not work. I recall testing the X5460 on the OptiPlex 360. You may also keep in mind that if you have an SFF- then your PSU will likely be of low wattage rating.
find
quote
(11-10-2017, 06:46 AM)genius239 Wrote: reupload

360
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UNChnv...8Kcf_8ImAO
380
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13i4WdW...wZP3HOZrte
760
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aScpKE...XcYvsJE5S4
960
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JpIzW9...kptveFo3sR

Could you please provide me with the intel x5460 microcode bios file for the Dell Optiplex 360?

Thank you very much!
find
quote
trash666kill
All genius239's mods for Dell OptiPlex - https://239239.blogspot.com/2019/07/micr...iplex.html
find
quote
(11-29-2019, 09:50 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: trash666kill
All genius239's mods for Dell OptiPlex - https://239239.blogspot.com/2019/07/micr...iplex.html

Optiplex 360 link is broken!
find
quote
Ask him in PM to update link.
find
quote
(11-29-2019, 10:25 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Ask him in PM to update link.

Got the file, how do I update the BIOS.hdr? DellUpdateBios packages are discontinued
find
quote
genius239 Wrote:How to flashing :
Method 1: Make a update package with DCCU(Dell Client Configuration Utility).
Method 2: Use dellBiosUpdate in Linux
and
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-O...#pid158155
find
quote
(11-29-2019, 11:42 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
genius239 Wrote:How to flashing :
Method 1: Make a update package with DCCU(Dell Client Configuration Utility).
Method 2: Use dellBiosUpdate in Linux
and
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-O...#pid158155

I set up a VM on qemu with Ubuntu 14.04, I mirrored it on an external hard drive, I put the HDE on optiplex 360 and I booted it, I followed the tutorial steps with the Genius239 modified binaries and now my Dell is working perfectly with x5460. Thank you very much, DeathBringer, Genius239 and concernedcitizen
find
quote
Here is a datasheet for the IDT PLL chip CV183-2APAG which many Dells use Including Optiplex 780,380, and I think some of the workstations also. Probably many others.
https://www.idt.com/us/en/document/dst/c...-datasheet
Pin 4 is a 266 or 333fsb TME lock when set Hi and latches at Power on. If it could be set low in BIOS then Setfsb, SetPLL pinmods etc. could work. Or the TME limit could be set to 400fsb on pin 57. This may also enable a 400fsb pinmod to applied.
Maybe something could be added to the Dell BIOS mods for this?
The Dell T3400,uses this PLL and support the 400fsb. So a look at those BIOS might reveal how this setting is applied.
find
quote
I've been comparing the PLL datasheet to what I can read in Setfsb diagnostic mode.
I'm learning as I go here. So if my terminology is not quite standard I apologize.
I'm finding that the TME mode latches Hi at power on and is Read only. So it looks like it isn't going away without a hardmod.
But the TME frequency itself is selected before Confirmed Power Good, and latched then.
It's controlled by Byte 00, Bits 7,6,5 In the PLL control registers.
Mine reads 10000001 which equals 333fsb.
If it were 11000001 it would be 400fsb per the FSBC,FSBB,FSBA pinout values on the fsb chart.
Because it's a latched value I can't edit it in Setfsb to test this.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)