Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Yesterday 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 120
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Yesterday 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 182
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1222510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118964
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6674
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309092
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61811
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 503
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20138
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168912
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6185
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 705
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5662
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60987
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274843
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 818
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24765

Pavilion DV7-4012eg bricked. Please help!!!
#1
Hi everyone!

After spending some days and nights googling around and reading practically all the postings in this forum, I decided to unlock the hidden menus of my bios (F29) using
www . bios-mods . com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Insyde%2F&download=sp55299_AdvancedMenu_ByCamiloml.exe.

Suprisingly enough, it worked right away. I rebooted into the bios setup and had a look around without changing anything. I was very impressed that it was all so easy and went smoothly.

I worked a while with my dv7 and then rebooted 2 or 3 times with no problems.
Next time I rebooted, I got only a black screen, no beeps no blinking, just NOTHING.

So I spent over 20 hours reading and trying everything I found here, on an other forum and on HP's forum. Everytime with no success.

Before you all start making suggestions, please let me repeat myself: "I am pretty sure I have tried every single method suggested in these forums".

I hope someone can help me solve this problem after explaining what the current situation is.

I tried many usb-keys (currently I use a 4GB one), created the HP_Tools partition/stick using sp60844 and sp50286. Then I took sp55299-bios (but also the older version) and tried every possible method, including of course the use of phoenixtool250 in order to get th .sig file using the various file namings etc.

Nothing worked. By that I mean the screen remains completely dark and no beeps.

I took EVERYTHING out of the dv7, even bios battery and hd. Then boot with "windows-key+b" (also with th 4 arrow-keys).
The usb-key starts blinking after a few seconds (obviously being read) then goes dark then starts blinking again. This continues going on as long as I let the machine running.
But I repeat, no beeps, no lights blinking and the screen remains black and also no reboot by it self suggesting everything worked.

I hoped Camiloml would be around to give a hand but it seems he was online in 2013 for the last time.

So, who could please help me solve my problem?
Why is the screen black and why no beeps?
Did I brick the GPU too or doesn't it react just because of the damaged bios?

I am anxiously hoping for your suggestions and help,
thank you all in advance
Leo
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)