(12-04-2010, 04:26 PM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: produced as: Pegatron M2N78-LA
HP called as: Violet-GL8E
also called as: Violet 3
A german HP-engineer told me the following procedure:
Set CLEAR_CMOS and CLEAR_PW jumper to pin 1-2 and push the power button. Hold it till the system is off again (this may take up to 10 seconds). Set the jumpers both back to 2-3 push and hold F10 on the keyboard and switch the system back on to enter BIOS. Disconnect AC-Power, now you are save to reflash the original BIOS. Reconnect AC and flash as you usually do with afu under DOS.
I attached the original BIOS for you...
As I found out it is an AMI-BIOS modified for HP by pioneer!!!
Thank you so much. I really really appreciate your help. I still have some questions to clear out. The procedure is:
- Set CLEAR_CMOS and CLEAR_PW jumper to pin 1-2. Could you tell me what pin 1-2 is?
- Push and hold the power button for the system to go on and then off again.
- Set the jumpers back to 2-3. (I assume it's the original position.)
- Hold F10, then turn the computer on to enter BIOS.
- Suddenly disconnect AC-Power.
- Reconnect AC, get into DOS then flash with AFU.
Is it everything?
BTW, one more question. My current version of BIOS is 5.22. I don't remember what the original version was.
Your attachment is the version 5.29, which I also found here:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&softwareitem=pv-73127-1
I seems to fix a problem w/ Vista. Is it okay if I just flash it to 5.29 anyway?
Thank you MrTangoWhisky.