Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224630
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309748
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169380
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

Pentium E6600 on Fujitsu-Siemens D2151-A2
#1
Hi,

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens D2151-A2 mainboard and a Intel Pentium Processor E6600 3.06 GHz 1066 MHz FSB
OS: Windows 8.1x64 Pro and Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
The CPU was not recognized (half speed) and the mainboard kept asking for microcode update (not available).
Link to Bios: http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDownload.asp?SoftwareGuid=ED30EDA5-7796-4A9C-B79A-7ECCC377DDEC
Aida64 CPUID:
   
   
It said "Multiplier 6x - 11.5x" but it was set to 6x.
After following the instructions from https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-TUTORIAL-Fujitsu-Esprimo-LGA775-CPU-Microcode-Update
it's not asking for microcode update but it shows "Multiplier 6x" and it's set to 6x.

What I tried:
- resetting Bios settings;
- setting "Performance" instead of Auto/Silent in Bios;
- setting Control Panel >> Power options >> High Performance
- stressing the CPU to max
So far no change in reported frequency (before and after the update with 2950 microcode).

What I haven't tried: disconnecting again the cooler, reading the CPU spec code and connecting the cooler back hoping the MB will
reset the CPU multiplier when it will notice it was removed and inserted again...
Every time I connect the cooler back I have the fear its plastiq will desintegrate... (sorry my english)

Anyone can help me please?

Thank you.


Edit:
I disconnected the cooler and removed the CPU from the socket.
CPU spec code: SLGUG
I insert it back, connected the cooler and... absolutely no change Sad

Any other ideas?
find
quote
#2
In the last 24h I searched a way to edit the Bios (hoping there is a hidden option to manually change the multiplier).
Somewhere on this forum says the Fujitsu Siemens Bioses are Phoenix.
So I tried to edit with Phoenix Bios editor.
The original files from Fujitsu Siemens support can't be edited with PBE, even after I "unsnipacked" them + removed 112 Bytes from the start and 1 Byte from the end.
Winphlash wouldn't make a backup of the current Bios without the new Bios file, which is stupid.
Oemflash, same problem.
Finally I made a backup with Bios Backup Toolkit 2.0.

.rom   FUJITSUSIEMENSPhoenixTechnologiesLtd.-5.00R1.06.2151.A2.rom (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 3)
PBE still can't open it (unexpected end of file).
Pheonix Slic Mod says "Invalid header at FA78" and then "not Phoenix/Dell.. Bios".

Well, I don't know what to do/try next...

Anybody...?


Thank you in advance.
find
quote
#3
I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
find
quote
#4
(06-09-2018, 07:59 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I need a screenshot of regedit with expanded key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0

Here it is:
   


And, just so you can see how slow it is:

   
find
quote
#5
Post TXT report of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#6
(06-10-2018, 04:20 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post TXT report of CPU-Z.


.zip   COSMIN-PC.zip (Size: 7.13 KB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#7
Try to use ThrottleStop to increase CPU multiplier.
find
quote
#8
(06-10-2018, 05:26 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Try to use ThrottleStop to increase CPU multiplier.

           

Seems to work .

Thank you Smile

But, if it's possible, a more "permanent" solution is preferable.
For example so it should work in Linux too (I have Ubuntu installed).
find
quote
#9
I'm sorry, but I haven't a proper tool to edit this BIOS.
find
quote
#10
(06-10-2018, 06:47 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I'm sorry, but I haven't a proper tool to edit this BIOS.

Well, if you have time and energy, maybe we can design a better app to edit Bioses (the current ones are louzy).
I'm a computer programmer (Delphi and C++). One of my tools is this.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)