Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6371
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14012
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424504
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 296
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224643
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6794
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 419
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309753
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 631
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20287
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169387
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6360
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 834

Please help - Whitelist removal Compaq Presario V2000
#1
I have Compaq Presario V2424NR which is of the series Compaq Presario V2000.
The specs are:

Compaq Presario V2000
BIOS ID: Phoenix Note BIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
BIOS OEM: F.27


The laptop came with Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) 802.11g Wireless LAN card.
I want to upgrade it to TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI  card but can't do in 
Windows 7  because it is not in whitelist.

Old Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) card ID's are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_0280
*****************************************************

New Card TP-Link TL-WN861N details:

Linux tells that it is:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5416 Wireless Adapter [AR5008 802.11 (a)bgn] (rev 01)

PCI_ID: 168c:0023
PCI_SUBSYS_ID: 168c:2079

Individual ID's in details are as follows:
PCI Vendor ID: 0x168c
PCI Product ID: 0x0023
PCI Subvendor: 0x168c
PCI Subsystem: 0x2079

******************************************************



Can you please remove whitelist so that I can use TP-Link wifi card.

I am attaching the BIOS which I copied from my current system using 
Phoenix WinPhlash tool. I think the bios is in correct format. 
Let me know if you find difficult to open.

Regards,
MK


Attached Files
.wph   BIOS.WPH (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
(10-08-2017, 04:27 PM)nivi3 Wrote: I have Compaq Presario V2424NR which is of the series Compaq Presario V2000.
The specs are:

Compaq Presario V2000
BIOS ID: Phoenix Note BIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
BIOS OEM: F.27


The laptop came with Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) 802.11g Wireless LAN card.
I want to upgrade it to TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI  card but can't do in 
Windows 7  because it is not in whitelist.

Old Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) card ID's are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_0280
*****************************************************

New Card TP-Link TL-WN861N details:

Linux tells that it is:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5416 Wireless Adapter [AR5008 802.11 (a)bgn] (rev 01)

PCI_ID: 168c:0023
PCI_SUBSYS_ID: 168c:2079

Individual ID's in details are as follows:
PCI Vendor ID: 0x168c
PCI Product ID: 0x0023
PCI Subvendor: 0x168c
PCI Subsystem: 0x2079

******************************************************



Can you please remove whitelist so that I can use TP-Link wifi card.

I am attaching the BIOS which I copied from my current system using 
Phoenix WinPhlash tool. I think the bios is in correct format. 
Let me know if you find difficult to open.

Regards,
MK

sp33749 bios ? (as here ? )
Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

Note: check the name of your motherboard's North and South Bridge:
for  North Bridge - RS480 and South Bridge - SB400 you must use 3091F27A.wph file
for                       RS482  and                       SB450   -   3091F27B.WPH
find
quote
#3
(10-11-2017, 01:27 AM)Serg008 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:27 PM)nivi3 Wrote: I have Compaq Presario V2424NR which is of the series Compaq Presario V2000.
The specs are:

Compaq Presario V2000
BIOS ID: Phoenix Note BIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
BIOS OEM: F.27


The laptop came with Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) 802.11g Wireless LAN card.
I want to upgrade it to TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI  card but can't do in 
Windows 7  because it is not in whitelist.

Old Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) card ID's are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_0280
*****************************************************

New Card TP-Link TL-WN861N details:

Linux tells that it is:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5416 Wireless Adapter [AR5008 802.11 (a)bgn] (rev 01)

PCI_ID: 168c:0023
PCI_SUBSYS_ID: 168c:2079

Individual ID's in details are as follows:
PCI Vendor ID: 0x168c
PCI Product ID: 0x0023
PCI Subvendor: 0x168c
PCI Subsystem: 0x2079

******************************************************



Can you please remove whitelist so that I can use TP-Link wifi card.

I am attaching the BIOS which I copied from my current system using 
Phoenix WinPhlash tool. I think the bios is in correct format. 
Let me know if you find difficult to open.

Regards,
MK

sp33749 bios ? (as here ? )
Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

Note: check the name of your motherboard's North and South Bridge:
for  North Bridge - RS480 and South Bridge - SB400 you must use 3091F27A.wph file
for                       RS482  and                       SB450   -   3091F27B.WPH

Thanks for your post. I think I have sp33749. My North Bridge is RS480 and South Bridge SF400.
I guess I have to use 3091F27A.wph file. Where can I find it? I checked www.bios-mods.com and
www.mydigitallife.net but couldn't find it any where. On the Internet too I couldn't find any
downloadable links. 

Also, how to run ct8check.exe? I am new to BIOS mod and will very much appreciate your help.
find
quote
#4
(10-11-2017, 03:17 PM)nivi3 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 01:27 AM)Serg008 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:27 PM)nivi3 Wrote: I have Compaq Presario V2424NR which is of the series Compaq Presario V2000.
The specs are:

Compaq Presario V2000
BIOS ID: Phoenix Note BIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
BIOS OEM: F.27


The laptop came with Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) 802.11g Wireless LAN card.
I want to upgrade it to TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI  card but can't do in 
Windows 7  because it is not in whitelist.

Old Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) card ID's are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_0280
*****************************************************

New Card TP-Link TL-WN861N details:

Linux tells that it is:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5416 Wireless Adapter [AR5008 802.11 (a)bgn] (rev 01)

PCI_ID: 168c:0023
PCI_SUBSYS_ID: 168c:2079

Individual ID's in details are as follows:
PCI Vendor ID: 0x168c
PCI Product ID: 0x0023
PCI Subvendor: 0x168c
PCI Subsystem: 0x2079

******************************************************



Can you please remove whitelist so that I can use TP-Link wifi card.

I am attaching the BIOS which I copied from my current system using 
Phoenix WinPhlash tool. I think the bios is in correct format. 
Let me know if you find difficult to open.

Regards,
MK

sp33749 bios ? (as here ? )
Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

Note: check the name of your motherboard's North and South Bridge:
for  North Bridge - RS480 and South Bridge - SB400 you must use 3091F27A.wph file
for                       RS482  and                       SB450   -   3091F27B.WPH

Thanks for your post. I think I have sp33749. My North Bridge is RS480 and South Bridge SF400.
I guess I have to use 3091F27A.wph file. Where can I find it? I checked www.bios-mods.com and
www.mydigitallife.net but couldn't find it any where. On the Internet too I couldn't find any
downloadable links. 

Also, how to run ct8check.exe? I am new to BIOS mod and will very much appreciate your help.
Let's read my post carefully:

Quote:Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

download "Compaq_Presario_M2000_V2000_series_3091F27_no_whitelist_Slic.zip" file from the LatinMcG post and unpack it
find
quote
#5
(10-12-2017, 01:31 AM)Serg008 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 03:17 PM)nivi3 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 01:27 AM)Serg008 Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 04:27 PM)nivi3 Wrote: I have Compaq Presario V2424NR which is of the series Compaq Presario V2000.
The specs are:

Compaq Presario V2000
BIOS ID: Phoenix Note BIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
BIOS OEM: F.27


The laptop came with Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) 802.11g Wireless LAN card.
I want to upgrade it to TP-LINK TL-WN861N Wireless N300 Mini PCI  card but can't do in 
Windows 7  because it is not in whitelist.

Old Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g) card ID's are as follows:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&SUBSYS_1355103C
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4318&CC_0280
*****************************************************

New Card TP-Link TL-WN861N details:

Linux tells that it is:
Qualcomm Atheros AR5416 Wireless Adapter [AR5008 802.11 (a)bgn] (rev 01)

PCI_ID: 168c:0023
PCI_SUBSYS_ID: 168c:2079

Individual ID's in details are as follows:
PCI Vendor ID: 0x168c
PCI Product ID: 0x0023
PCI Subvendor: 0x168c
PCI Subsystem: 0x2079

******************************************************



Can you please remove whitelist so that I can use TP-Link wifi card.

I am attaching the BIOS which I copied from my current system using 
Phoenix WinPhlash tool. I think the bios is in correct format. 
Let me know if you find difficult to open.

Regards,
MK

sp33749 bios ? (as here ? )
Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

Note: check the name of your motherboard's North and South Bridge:
for  North Bridge - RS480 and South Bridge - SB400 you must use 3091F27A.wph file
for                       RS482  and                       SB450   -   3091F27B.WPH

Thanks for your post. I think I have sp33749. My North Bridge is RS480 and South Bridge SF400.
I guess I have to use 3091F27A.wph file. Where can I find it? I checked www.bios-mods.com and
www.mydigitallife.net but couldn't find it any where. On the Internet too I couldn't find any
downloadable links. 

Also, how to run ct8check.exe? I am new to BIOS mod and will very much appreciate your help.
Let's read my post carefully:

Quote:Modified bios : https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ost-525426
unpack and run ct8check.exe.

download "Compaq_Presario_M2000_V2000_series_3091F27_no_whitelist_Slic.zip" file from the LatinMcG post and unpack it


Thanks a lot for this link. My wifi card is now recognized perfectly. 
I have a few more questions and will appreciate if you could reply
as you have vast knowledge of BIOS and related things.

1. This laptop has 32Mb, 64Mb and 128 Mb settings in BIOS for Video Memory. I have
maxed it to 128 Mb but want to take it to 256Mb for video ram. My main RAM is 2 GB.

2. I have another laptop which is Lenovo Ideapad Y530 and it came with a
hard drive speed of SATA II. Is it possible to make it SATA III? I have put Intel SATA III
ssd in it but it gets limited to SATA II. Further, I have forgotten the Supervisor password
for the laptop. Is it possible to recover it or bring BIOS to it's original state? Some tech people
told me that it can be done only by changing the motherboard.

Awaiting you reponse!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)