Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6415
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14046
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424572
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3659
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 329
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 348
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224894
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119211
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 301
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6820
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 443
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309842
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62010
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 660
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20321
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169443
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6393
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 867

Power failure while updating bios
#1
I'm new here and don't know how should I ask for help. My apologies . I was updating bios to 5.90 form 5.20 and while updating I faced load shedding issue and pc turned off (73% done). After that turned power on and nothing shows on monitor (it's not posting anything on monitor). I got random code on led which is located on motherboard. Led shows me few random code changing and F2 then F9 and it shows forever.

My motherboard Bios chip model: MX25U12873F

May be my motherboard bricked.

PC Specs: Ryzen 7 1700 Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X G.skill flarex 3200 Mhz 8GB Corsair MP510 250 GB Asus ROG Strix RX580 OC 8GB

my question is :

1. Is there any way to restore bios?
2. can I flash the chip using "BIOS_PH" header?
3. Can I flash this chip using an external SPI programmer (CH341A based programmers)? If I can flash using external should I desolder the chip?

Current situation: For the COVID-19 pandemic we are in lockdown situation. every service center is close now. and the the lockdown period is not mention yet. I'm a full time freelancer and I need to fix the motherboard asap. I can't effort new one now.

BIOS_PH header image:
[Image: f16t8715p142120n3_vjbTIsXu-thumb.jpg]



Only available flash programmer in my place is:
[Image: f16t8715p142120n2_JWzMypOb-thumb.jpg]
[Image: f16t8715p142120n4_ZjnRsrLz-thumb.jpg]

Please help me to fix this problem.
find
quote
#2
Hi friend,
only way to unbrick your firmware is to use the SPI Programmer with Pomona Clip.
You showed two models both goods.

Let's see here abput your pc eeprom :

https://www.win-raid.com/t796f16-Guide-U...l#msg51758

https://www.win-raid.com/t4891f16-Bios-B...ing-X.html

So You have to make a Firmware Dump by the programmer and then I will rebuild your Firmware based on stock bios.
let me know
Regards
find
quote
#3
I'm using CH341A programmer with 1.8v adapter to recover bios. I can read, erase, blank, and write. But after writng program when I try to verify it shows me error "chip with the contents are in disagreement".

The program I use to flash - asprogrammer, ch341 program v1.29 v1.31 (free) 1v1.30. they all shows me same problem.

Bios chip model: MX25U12873F

I downloaded 3.50 version of the bios from asrock website. Motherboard model: Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming X
Downloaded the bios file and simply rename it from "X370GX_3.50" to "bios.bin" then tried to write. I don't know is this the right way or not.
I saw thread that said this problem occur only for poor connectivity. I tried with this SOIC8 SOP8 Flash Chip IC Test Clips and BIOS_Ph header connector but it shows same problem.

is this is the problem with file name or extension?

please help me to recover bios.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)