Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424141
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3555
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119098
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6739
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 352
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309509
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61904
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 565
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20217
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169143
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6262
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5736
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61111
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[REMOVED] Lenovo Thinkpad x220 WWAN whitelist remove request
#1
This is my first post here so hello everybody Smile

Recently I have bought great machine lenovo x220 Smile

Unfortunely I have WWAN modem from my older lenovo (sony ericsson 3507g) and as far as I know I have to remove whitelist from my bios Sad

I have found on other sites bios 1.16 without whitelist but there is new 1.17 with fix important error so I want to flash to the newest(1.17).


-Manufacturer: LENOVO
-Model: X220
-Bios revision: 1.17
-Bios Type: Phoenix / UEFI(?)
-Bios Download Link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj07us.exe
-Current WLAN card ID(hope that can helps find whitelist): PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0085&SUBSYS_13118086
-Current WWAN card: nothing(I want to install sony ericsson 3507g lenovo branded)


Could anybody help me? I managed to decompress bios into *.rom modules but I cant find the right module to edit :/

Looking for help from you guys, kind regards

alhaz
find
#2
bump ;/
find
#3
Since I got few PM's asking about 1.16 without whitelist, Im posting it here.

link:
1.16_without_whitelist
But I still need help with 1.17 removing whitelist :/ Anybody got at least a clue where to find the whitelist code in it?
find
#4
Hello, i tried my best with this, give it a try and tell me Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?r0l68k1x2ddnn

Take your file and overwrite old installed in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\8....

Nice day.
camilo.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#5
(06-28-2011, 06:43 PM)camiloml Wrote: Hello, i tried my best with this, give it a try and tell me Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/?r0l68k1x2ddnn

Take your file and overwrite old installed in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\8....

Nice day.
camilo.

Thank you, when I will come back from work Ill try Smile hope my laptop wont be brick after flash :p
find
#6
i hope so too Wink

Good job the 8 guys who have already downloaded the mod and haven't came back to say if it works or not for the original requester. this kind of things sucks.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
#7
Eveyrting works great! BIG THANK YOU, I also posted this bios on other forum cuz many peoples need it and I dont know about posting links directyl to this forums is allowed there.

feedback tips:

to flash this bios first flash to original 1.17 and then do this:

in environment.dll

replace
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 74 15
by
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 EB 15
to suppress "imageDigest fail!" error

or
83 C4 14 89 45 E0 83 7D E0 00 74 31
by
83 C4 14 89 45 E0 83 7D E0 00 EB 31
to suppress "Fail to authenticate image!" error

(this second hack is not necessary if first is applied)


Above hacking tip was made by TTAV134 and its taken from other forum also, I hope he dont mind.

Anyway this bios is great modded so please remove password so other people can download it Smile

Smile


EDIT: I can confirm that this bios works on x220 and x220i TABLET
find
#8
(06-29-2011, 02:50 PM)alhaz Wrote: in environment.dll

replace
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 74 15
by
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 EB 15
to suppress "imageDigest fail!" error
alhaz,
??? it is the entry at 00016800 row, columns from 02 to 0b ???
thanks,
Leonardo
find
#9
(06-29-2011, 11:41 PM)bastiancontrario Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 02:50 PM)alhaz Wrote: in environment.dll

replace
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 74 15
by
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 EB 15
to suppress "imageDigest fail!" error
alhaz,
??? it is the entry at 00016800 row, columns from 02 to 0b ???
thanks,
Leonardo

Use hex editor to find that hex string, only one match

find
#10
(06-30-2011, 12:14 AM)nvnam Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 11:41 PM)bastiancontrario Wrote:
(06-29-2011, 02:50 PM)alhaz Wrote: in environment.dll

replace
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 74 15
by
68 01 00 83 C4 0C 85 C0 EB 15
to suppress "imageDigest fail!" error
alhaz,
??? it is the entry at 00016800 row, columns from 02 to 0b ???
thanks,
Leonardo

Use hex editor to find that hex string, only one match

ok ...did the replace , I will try the bios update later in the evening.
Hope everything will works.
Thanks to everyone.
find


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)