Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107999
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425635
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227561
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119713
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310588
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

{REQ} DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH BIOS unlocking
#41
Hello Men!
can anybody add Sempron 140/145/150 support in bios of this great mobo? Latest bios on official DFI site has sempron 140 support in description, but NOT in real.
And latest bios has some BUG - "CPU-NB Voltage" is locked for non-blackedition CPUs. Can you unlock it ?
Tnx . Sorry for my English Smile
find
quote
#42
(10-15-2010, 10:52 AM)Pyros777 Wrote: Any progress?

I have an X4 970 on the way, and am not sure the boards latest official BIOS will recognize it. DFI's site claims to support up to 965, which is the same C3 silicon, with only 100mhz setting it apart from the 970.

Do you know if the microcode changed from the 965 to 970, assuming all AMD microcode is identical across all boards regarding CPU support?

If its not the same, do you think you could mod the same R7SDA08.BIN BIOS to support it?

@pershoot: Where did you acquire your SPI programmer? I've been hunting for one but have had no luck so far.
My email:
but for m2rsh, new bios for Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition, Athlon II X4 645, ecc?

dfi email:

Dear Sir:
I think the bottom line is that there will be no more BIOS updates for your board ever unfortunately.

find
quote
#43
(08-29-2010, 06:30 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hey guys,

Extremly sorry baout the wait, I thought this was taken care of. Meanwhile here is a BIOS with propsed X6 support with AGESA 3.7.0.0 and the latest microcode (NCPUCODE.BIN) Please only test if you have a foll proof BIOS recovery method, unless yu can suggest a good DFI donor board for the job.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1525839/Bios/R7SDA08PX6.BIN

Thanks,
TheWiz

Sorry to bump such an old topic, but just wanted to let you know that I tested this BIOS, and it was a no-go. Wouldn't POST.

Thanks.
find
quote
#44
BTW I was thinking about buying an SPI programmer and working with somebody to try and get Phenom X6 support working if anyone (TheWiz?) is interested in continuing this effort.

Just say the word and I'll hit the buy button. Otherwise I have a 1090T I'd have to sell. Tongue

Please let me know. Thanks.
find
quote
#45
Purchased the SPI programmer anyway. Should arrive in a few weeks.

The BIOS posted for the 790FXB-M2RSH in the original post is still the latest one (naturally), so I'm not going to bother reposting it.

It was mentioned the CPU microcode and AGESA version were pulled from an Asus board for the first mod attempt. I'm not sure which board was used, but here's a link to the BIOS for the Asus M3A79-T Deluxe which uses the same chipset: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socketAM2/1801.zip

Here's one for the Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P: http://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/mb_bios...5p_f6f.exe

Here's one for the MSI 790FX-GD70 (a ddr3 board): http://download2.msi.com/files/downloads...577v1H.zip

I'm not 100% confident in my flash attempt, so when I get the programmer I'm going to try again. I just used the AWARD flasher which left some sections unchanged during the flash.

Also I'm going to try the second modded BIOS for the heck of it, even though pershoot said it doesn't work. Doesn't hurt to try right?

Gonna do whatever I can to try to get this working, until I know for sure it can't be done.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)