Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6373
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14013
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424510
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3628
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 215
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 318
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224653
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6795
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 420
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309761
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61977
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 632
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20288
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169391
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6361
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 836

[REQ] Toshiba Satellite L455D-S5976 ZM-87 support
#1
As of right now, I am NOT looking for a BIOS mod, I want to know if an expert can look in to the BIOS and see if it will support the AMD Turion Ultra ZM-87

I have read in notebookforum.com and as well as the Toshiba Support Forum there are people that have upgraded from the the STOCK Sempron SI-42 to RM-70s and even ZM-80. But I want to take it to the MAX. I want to put the highest support Socket S1g2 for mobile in there and that would be the ZM-87

Here is the chipset and motherboard info from CPU-Z
[Image: 2posbhs.jpg]

And here is the direct link to the BIOS(Phoenix) Download directly from Toshiba

Toshiba BIOS L455D v1.30

or

HERE

If the expert requires more information, please let me know. I will get you as much as I can.
find
quote
#2
(03-16-2012, 02:51 PM)mbze430 Wrote: As of right now, I am NOT looking for a BIOS mod, I want to know if an expert can look in to the BIOS and see if it will support the AMD Turion Ultra ZM-87

I have read in notebookforum.com and as well as the Toshiba Support Forum there are people that have upgraded from the the STOCK Sempron SI-42 to RM-70s and even ZM-80. But I want to take it to the MAX. I want to put the highest support Socket S1g2 for mobile in there and that would be the ZM-87

Here is the chipset and motherboard info from CPU-Z
[Image: 2posbhs.jpg]

And here is the direct link to the BIOS(Phoenix) Download directly from Toshiba

Toshiba BIOS L455D v1.30

or

HERE

If the expert requires more information, please let me know. I will get you as much as I can.
dear mbze43,

you can try as someone mentioned putting a rm-72 in it though it may be a bit risky given the si-42 are 25w cpu you may be pushing the vrms too much . did the l455 come with a 35w cpu?i didnt own a amd laptop and is speaking basing on experience on intels

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Satellite-L...925/page/2

[edit] if you decided to go with the upgrade make sure you watch your temps along with stability
sincerely yours,
-mikemike097
find
quote
#3
I *read* on Toshiba forum that someone had put in a ZM-82 which is a 35W just like the rest of the ZM-?? series and I believe he said it was working around at 65C, but I don't remember him saying how he tested it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find what the thermal shutdown the CPU has. I have reconsider getting a ZM-85 maybe at full usage it will only hit around 75C. Also, I haven't found a seller that is willing to give me the ability to thermal test.
find
quote
#4
Today I finally found a source that has the AMD ZM-87 in the US. So I made the purchase and it should be arriving in 3 days. Will update on the upgrade and heat.
find
quote
#5
OK! I got it up and running and even underclock it to a stable and reasonable temperature.

NOW! I need help... I am not sure if the fan control is within the BIOS ACPI table or not.. but because now the temperature is higher I like to make modification to the fan. I tried a few other software like Fanspeed, but it can't control/modify my laptop.

So can a BIOS Wizard look in to the BIOS and see if one can change the behavior of the fan?? Thanks!
find
quote
#6
is it too hot/unstable at stock speeds?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)