Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424187
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223875
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309539
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61907
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169166
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6271
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5741
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61122
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274958

[REQUEST] AMD Athlon 64 X2 3250e on Asus M4A78L-M LE
#31
(04-09-2020, 02:09 PM)refelian Wrote: Edit: Yes I believe I can patch it.
Try to boot 3250e on supported motherboard and dump SSDT from it. Then inject SSDT into your system.
find
quote
#32
(04-09-2020, 02:25 PM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 02:09 PM)refelian Wrote: Edit: Yes I believe I can patch it.
Try to boot 3250e on supported motherboard and dump SSDT from it. Then inject SSDT into your system.

Don't have a motherboard here which supports it, would have to purchase one (which kind of defeats the purpose). Was kind of hoping that it would be possible to alter the bios to return the pss for the 3250e so the linux kernel would initiate the powernow_k8 driver.

Is it an good idea to alter an SSDT from another processor?
find
quote
#33
(04-09-2020, 04:12 PM)refelian Wrote: Was kind of hoping that it would be possible to alter the bios to return the pss for the 3250e so the linux kernel would initiate the powernow_k8 driver.
I have not found a way yet.
(04-09-2020, 04:12 PM)refelian Wrote: Is it an good idea to alter an SSDT from another processor?
It's good idea. But you need suitable values for _PSS.
find
quote
#34
(04-10-2020, 01:33 AM)DeathBringer Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 04:12 PM)refelian Wrote: Was kind of hoping that it would be possible to alter the bios to return the pss for the 3250e so the linux kernel would initiate the powernow_k8 driver.
I have not found a way yet.
(04-09-2020, 04:12 PM)refelian Wrote: Is it an good idea to alter an SSDT from another processor?
It's good idea. But you need suitable values for _PSS.

Decided to drop it for now. My brother needs a PC so I'm pairing it with a Phenom 2 I have and giving it to him. There is a Foxconn A7GMS 2.0 that I might use it for it which would probably have the same issues (as well as huge issues with AHCI).

Anyway thanks for the insight I might look in to using a script to inject SSDT values. If I finish that I'll post it somewhere here.
find
quote
#35
A small number of states - this is my guess why the table is not created, after analyze code at 0x5B483(57B4h:3943h).
   
find
quote
#36
LLC
Thx! Nice results!
find
quote
#37
(04-09-2020, 02:09 PM)refelian Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 11:44 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Can Linux replace or patch SSDT when it starts?
Have you a hardware programmer to recover?

It's possible but the methods are not maintained far as I know. So I don't know what issues might arise on newer kernels.

And no I don't have a hardware programmer.

Edit: Yes I believe I can patch it.

Hi, just to say it was working for me.
I was able to copy SSDT table from a working config with Opteron180, from one MB to another and enable powernow_k8.
You can do this with grub, in grub.cfg add "acpi /ssdt.aml" and put ssdt.aml in /boot
The .aml was generated with iasl tool, I'm not sure if we can directly use extracted table.
Seb.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)