Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14005
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424478
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3622
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 208
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224569
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119176
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6790
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 409
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309735
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61967
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 625
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20281
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169342
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6354
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 828
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5800

[REQUEST] ASUS ROG GL553VD BIOS Unlock
#1
I'm looking to get all the settings I can for this laptop.

here is the latest bios.


http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/GL55...-AS302.zip
find
quote
#2
Hello everybody,

I'm new on the board, I own a Asus ROG GL553VD and I already made some simple mods on it like CPU underlvolting and disabling turbo.
Now I want to do more things like disabling HT on my CPU and make PROCHOT @90° C instead of 85° C because I've got some throttling.
I tried the method from the forum with AMIBCP and AFUWIN but when I try to flash the modded BIOS it says that it fails, i don't know why...
Files are the exact same size, perhaps did I forgot something ? Or is this method not possible on my laptop ? Thanks for any help to me.
find
quote
#3
It says you can't because the bios is protected. I know how to unprotected it but all guides are for AMITSE (text mode bios). Our notebooks have a graphical user interface which is a different application, so mod ding with amibcp works (because isnide there is also the text version) but is useless. Unless someone finds a way to run the text version and not the gui.
find
quote
#4
Hi,

Can anyone help me with unlocking GL553VD bios? I need all available bios menu to be unlocked :Big Grin
Also with SLIC inserted :Smile    
Detail as follow:

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model : Asus GL553VD
-Bios Revision : 304
-Bios Type : Insyde
-Bios SLIC : Asus 2.1 or newer Dell 2.4? (Attached)
-Bios Link : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb...63.430523120.1512986405-1625562033.1503555758
-Rw-everything report : Attached.

Thank you.


Attached Files
.rar   AcpiTbls GL553VD.rar (Size: 264.71 KB / Downloads: 21)
.rar   ASUS 2.1 SLIC.rar (Size: 471 bytes / Downloads: 10)
.rar   DELL SLIC 2.4.rar (Size: 467 bytes / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#5
Hey guys, awesome work you're doing here.

I tried it myself, but couldnt properly write my bios. Hope smb of you can help me. Got terrible prochot level at 85C. Would love to see it at 97C.
Also unlocking some fan options or even more would be a bonus. The throttleling is terrible

Latest bios for my model is 307. If theres anything i can do just tell me. Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#6
Please check BIOS main page for ME FW version, if you do not see it download HWINFO64 and on the large window on the left expand motherboard, then go to ME and get ME Firmware version. Once you have that, go to this thread in section "C" and download the matching ME System Tools package (ie if ME FW is 9.xx get V9 package, if 10.xx get V10 etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

Once you have that, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here, and then type the following command and zip and upload the created file for me to edit for you

FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin
find
quote
#7
Hi Lost_N_BIOS

I did things that you wrote last message. My laptop model is similar as above. Here is my .bin file. Hope you can unlock some features Smile
Regards.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gXmdYp...yfxNGsc9fB
find
quote
#8
nitromehmet - Yes, I can unlock entire BIOS for you. But, you are using old BIOS, did you notice that? Do you want to stay on that old BIOS, or update to new? If you want to update to new, flash the latest stock BIOS first and then do FPT dump again.
find
quote
#9
(03-21-2019, 01:37 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: nitromehmet - Yes, I can unlock entire BIOS for you.  But, you are using old BIOS, did you notice that?  Do you want to stay on that old BIOS, or update to new?  If you want to update to new, flash the latest stock BIOS first and then do FPT dump again.

Yes I use v304. I used to v307 for 3 months but it just throttling my CPU so much. So I decided to stay in this version. That spectre and meltdown things I think idk. Do you think v307 can unlock more features? If not can you pls unlock this version (304). Thanks for your help Smile
find
quote
#10
No, it's OK, unlock would be same for 304 vs 307. I only mentioned in case you didn't know there was a new BIOS and wanted to use that one instead. I'll mod your 304 dump for you.

Here is unlock 304 - flash via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...8011673758

This BIOS for nitromehmet ONLY, no one else use or you will loose your serial, UUID etc.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)