Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 189
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104310
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 955
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3326
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8301
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8038
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14339
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 246
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425501
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 526
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 654
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227429
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119620
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 613
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 3 A315-42(G) BIOS Unlock
#21
Hello!
I need to deactivate my integrated GPU (Vega 8) and use only my dedicated GPU (Radeon 540X), but my BIOS doesn't show that option. Can someone fully unlock the advanced bios tab?
I would really appreciate it!

Here's the BIOS link: https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles...ER&SC=PA_6
find
quote
#22
Sorry if I did anything wrong I'm new to this forum.
I basically want to change Vega 8 VRAM allocation in this laptop.
Some things I found out myself:

It's name is UMA Frame buffer Size is BIOS.
05 9A 0E 02 0F 02 93 00 00 50 D4 00 10 12 40 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 is the variable name which you can search on the IFR dumped file.
However I'm stuck at the next part, what should I change here, other variables have "10" as default indication but what about this? This also has the QuestionId to check if 0x8F equals 0x2 which will probably bypass my change.

Here are the files (BIOS, IFR extracted text and related part extracted as EFI with UEFI editor.
https://mega.nz/folder/G2AnWCTA#9cQvdFGq37fMkiAD3UdZTA

Model is Aspire 3 A315-42G
find
quote
#23
(01-27-2022, 03:30 PM)johncena Wrote: Sorry if I did anything wrong I'm new to this forum.
I basically want to change Vega 8 VRAM allocation in this laptop.
Some things I found out myself:

It's name is UMA Frame buffer Size is BIOS.
05 9A 0E 02 0F 02 93 00 00 50 D4 00 10 12 40 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 is the variable name which you can search on the IFR dumped file.
However I'm stuck at the next part, what should I change here, other variables have "10" as default indication but what about this? This also has the QuestionId to check if 0x8F equals 0x2 which will probably bypass my change.

Here are the files (BIOS, IFR extracted text and related part extracted as EFI with UEFI editor.
https://mega.nz/folder/G2AnWCTA#9cQvdFGq37fMkiAD3UdZTA

Model is Aspire 3 A315-42G
Hi
Either way, need your bios dump
find
quote
#24
Hello, how can I get my BIOS dump, I've found something related with Intel ME for AMI BIOS types, is it the same with Insyde BIOS'es?
find
quote
#25
hello can you help me?
i need a unlocked bios for my acer a315-42

dump - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADdE8lC...sp=sharing
find
quote
#26
(04-30-2022, 09:21 AM)eu6ene Wrote: hello can you help me?
i need a unlocked bios for my acer a315-42
Hi
How did you get this file?
Do you have a SPI-programmer?
find
quote
#27
(04-30-2022, 11:09 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(04-30-2022, 09:21 AM)eu6ene Wrote: hello can you help me?
i need a unlocked bios for my acer a315-42
Hi
How did you get this file?
Do you have a SPI-programmer?

Yep, i have a ch341a spi programmer
find
quote
#28
Hi, I would like someone to unlock all the hidden and advanced settings for my BIOS.
  • Acer Aspire 3 A315-42 (NX.HF9ED.017)

    .bin   abobios.bin (Size: 9.38 MB / Downloads: 4)
find
quote
#29
(03-11-2024, 05:12 PM)Elj4s Wrote: Hi, I would like someone to unlock all the hidden and advanced settings for my BIOS.
Hi
All mods are personal, need your bios dump
find
quote
#30
(03-11-2024, 05:48 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(03-11-2024, 05:12 PM)Elj4s Wrote: Hi, I would like someone to unlock all the hidden and advanced settings for my BIOS.
Hi
All mods are personal, need your bios dump
Hi, I included my bios dump in the attachments, it works.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)