Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 92
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 103242
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 877
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3241
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7926
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 7606
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14337
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 245
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425460
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3836
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 525
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227411
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119586
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6990
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 612
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310552
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5741 (Z/G) BIOS Unlock
#21
(12-23-2021, 08:51 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 06:59 AM)ImLollyly Wrote: 5741G uses the same bios
It turns out that in fact, it is not so? You need a BIOS
mod for 5741Z?

Yes, I do, so I can allow more dedicated memory for the iGPU, but... I tried the G bios on my Z just now and it works, tho there is still no toggle for dedicated memory. All I had to do is change the ROM's name to match the original one and it flashed even through windows.
find
quote
#22
(12-23-2021, 09:04 AM)ImLollyly Wrote: I tried the G bios on my Z just now and it works
You managed to install that modded BIOS?
find
quote
#23
(12-23-2021, 09:08 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 09:04 AM)ImLollyly Wrote: I tried the G bios on my Z just now and it works
You managed to install that modded BIOS?

Yes, I did and it works fine, but I am still missing the dedicated memory toggle for the iGPU.
find
quote
#24
(12-23-2021, 09:14 AM)ImLollyly Wrote: but I am still missing the dedicated memory toggle
I will make this setting available. It will take me a while.
find
quote
#25
(12-23-2021, 09:18 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 09:14 AM)ImLollyly Wrote: but I am still missing the dedicated memory toggle
I will make this setting available. It will take me a while.

Thank you!
find
quote
#26
BIOS_Acer_1.23_A_A.zip.
When the BIOS will be installed, set User Access Level to Full. Find IGD - DVMT Pre-Allocated in Advanced > Video Configuration.
find
quote
#27
(12-23-2021, 10:48 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: BIOS_Acer_1.23_A_A.zip.
When the BIOS will be installed, set User Access Level to Full. Find IGD - DVMT Pre-Allocated in Advanced > Video Configuration.
Hey,
Everything went fine, the bios is flashed and working, unlocked a ton of new settings including the ability to dedicate a little more memory, but when I got to windows after saving the settings in bios the detected allocated memory is still 128MB. Is windows displaying it wrong?
find
quote
#28
(12-23-2021, 12:26 PM)ImLollyly Wrote: Is windows displaying it wrong?
I don't know. Enter BIOS again and check the value of Video memory in the Main tab. Does it displaying the same amount of memory as in Windows? If yes, it is a problem of non-working setting.
find
quote
#29
(12-23-2021, 12:40 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(12-23-2021, 12:26 PM)ImLollyly Wrote: Is windows displaying it wrong?
I don't know. Enter BIOS again and check the value of Video memory in the Main tab. Does it displaying the same amount if memory as in Windows?

With the moded bios it has changed from displaying 128MB to displaying nothing, the field against Video Memory is emtpy.
find
quote
#30
(12-23-2021, 01:09 PM)ImLollyly Wrote: the field against Video Memory is emtpy.
And if you lower the memory below 128, it also becomes empty?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)