Hi Dudu2002,
I have an Acer Aspire E1-531G (CPU upgraded to i3-3320M). At some point I updated my BIOS (don't recall the exact starting version, possibly 2.15 or 2.17) to the current
2.21, and after that my internal card reader stopped working completely — it doesn't enumerate at all, not in Windows Device Manager, not in Linux (lspci/dmesg), so it looks like it's not being powered/initialized at the firmware level rather than a driver issue.
I compared my current 2.21 dump against a 2.17 update package I found online:
- Same 315 drivers in both — nothing added/removed
- Only 14 modules differ in content between the two
- PCHPolicy changed the most (~53% of bytes differ)
- Acer's own A01ODMDxeDriver and A01ODMSmmServiceDriver also changed — these seem like the most likely place for board-specific device power/GPIO handling
Attached is my current 2.21 dump. Could you take a look and see if there's a way to restore the card reader's init/power state without breaking anything else? Happy to test.
Thanks!