Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6678
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6440
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14074
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 148
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424639
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3671
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 366
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225144
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119237
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 310
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6833
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 458
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309908
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62031
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 676
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20336
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169493
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6419

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire E5-553(G) BIOS Unlock
#1
Hi there,

This is for Acer Aspire E5-553G-F79R v1.06

BIOS rev: rev 5.0
BIOS version: 1.06

I want to enable AMD-V but the advance menu was hidden in InsydeH2O v1.06 menu.

I've read donovan60000's tutorial here but i had no BIOS modding experience before.

I've attached the BIOS and current setup menu screenshot

Here is the BIOS direct download link.

sorry for my bad english.

Please help me unlock all hidden menu Shy


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.06_A_A.zip (Size: 5.24 MB / Downloads: 36)
find
quote
#2
[Image: bios.png]
origin bios:
HERE
www find
quote
#3
Dear All,

I wanted to unlock all possible options of my bios (at least advanced tab and cpu control), while i'm running win 7 on my machine and it's some kind of sticky....

I wanted to use falseclock method, but not sure if i'm still up to date with this. (Do I need a modded bios??)

I've already downloaded the EFI shell, but would also like to make a backup before. Can you re-post links for me?


My request is for Acer aspire e5-553g-f1j2

AMD FX version

I run the latest bios

download link
http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...ER&SC=PA_6

InsydeH2o Bios Rev. 5.0
Bios Ver. 1.09

If I can use the EFI shell, which commands do i have to run for my system?
(any additional software i need to download and check my bios before, please post links for me / old forum links i tried were dead or restricted)


Thx in advance.

Seb


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.09_A_A.zip (Size: 5.24 MB / Downloads: 15)
find
quote
#4
I am interested in the same modded bios.
Would really appreciate if anyone can give proven guides.

Searched over the internet, but no answer yet.

Confused Confused Confused
find
quote
#5
(10-13-2016, 01:06 AM)ferryong Wrote: I am interested in the same modded bios.
Would really appreciate if anyone can give proven guides.

Searched over the internet, but no answer yet.

Confused Confused Confused

I came so far now:

We need an spi programmer stick in order to start modifying. i'm waiting for further instructions, but will need until the weekend, to go and buy the things (live near bangkok, will go to city on this weekend to check).

the shop here (where i bought the laptop) told me to check if they can do it. so if possible, i will ask them to copy the data and will also post here which chipset we can use.

hope that helps you, wait for the weekend and we will hopefully know more
find
quote
#6
Thanks for the updates, Seb.



In Malaysia, I could not find the FX version, only A12 version.
I plan to buy it once the solution to enable AMD-V is available.

Could you help to ask the following question to your supplier (for A12 version)?
- does it have SSD port available (like FX version)? So that I can buy my own SSD, install and move the OS from HD --> SSD?
- Max RAM is 32GB?
- if due to this mod, the laptop is not bootable, any way to fix it? Will we break the warranty, or can we go to Acer to restore it?

Best regards. Smile
find
quote
#7
(10-13-2016, 03:30 AM)ferryong Wrote: Dear ferryong,

I was yesterday on the run and ended up at the acer service.

Thats what I got until now:

At the service, they understood my request and told me, that currently, they have no unlocked bios, but will ask the HQ today. If there is an unlocked version available, they will apply it to my laptop, but warranty will be voided after the procedure.
They will call me today and give me an update, if this modification can be done by them.
I would recommend the same to you (if the answer is positive today), while we would keep warranty at least until the modification is done.

If they aren't able to get the unlocked version, we have to proceed with the spi programmer, but I will wait for their answer today.

Sorry actually forgot to note your questions, so couldn't ask them. Will remember it if they call today.
Which cpu do you run? Didn't know there is a difference between normal a12 and fx?? Was long time not working with computers in general and are only updated until athlon xp times........  laptops i used before, used always i5 or i7, but used them only to run programs for work...





Thanks for the updates, Seb.



In Malaysia, I could not find the FX version, only A12 version.
I plan to buy it once the solution to enable AMD-V is available.

Could you help to ask the following question to your supplier (for A12 version)?
- does it have SSD port available (like FX version)? So that I can buy my own SSD, install and move the OS from HD --> SSD?
- Max RAM is 32GB?
- if due to this mod, the laptop is not bootable, any way to fix it? Will we break the warranty, or can we go to Acer to restore it?

Best regards. Smile
find
quote
#8
(10-16-2016, 09:55 PM)hi Seb, Wrote: thanks for the updates.

OK, hopefully they can help us with it.
Some people from Indonesia tried with Acer CS, but no solution was given.
I heard the issue is with the BIOS maker itself (InsydeH20).
find
quote
#9
(10-16-2016, 11:05 PM)ferryong Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 09:55 PM)hi Seb, Wrote: thanks for the updates.

OK, hopefully they can help us with it.
Some people from Indonesia tried with Acer CS, but no solution was given.
I heard the issue is with the BIOS maker itself (InsydeH20).

Ok, sorry for late reply, was busy all week.
Acer will not help on this. I will disassembly mine an check the bios chip. Then we have to see, which programmer we can use. Will update soon again.
find
quote
#10
I need to enable virtualization on InsydeH20 bios and no option available
Also change ram and add an hard disk

How do I restore the backup of my current bios version 1.09 if I bricked my laptop  ? 

I attached bios received from acer

Thanks


Attached Files
.zip   BIOS_Acer_1.09_A_A.zip (Size: 5.24 MB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)