Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 66
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424302
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3592
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224169
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119148
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6309
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5771
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire S3-391 BIOS Unlock
#1
Need unlock of the bios below.

BIOS Download Link Notebook-> Aspire -> Aspire S3-391 1.17:
http://support.acer.com/us/en/product/de...delId=4088
(One Win 8 is out it would be nice to have the new one Unlocked also.)

Menu Options have been attached Below

I don't think it is signed. But I think win 8 is signed. I need 1.17.

Note:
I am not sure if its possible but i need to be able to allocated 256 mb for Graphic card.
It is locked to 128mb


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                   
find
quote
#2
Hi,

I have a hackinht0sh and i would love to have a unlocked bios...

Original BIOS file:
http://www.acer.nl/ac/nl/NL/content/driv...e%20S3-391

Bios screens:
[Image: bqss.th.jpg]


[Image: mpn6.th.jpg]

[Image: 5f25.th.jpg]

[Image: 6nav.th.jpg]

[Image: 2gqy.th.jpg]
find
quote
#3
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire S3 391
Bios: Insyde
Bios Revision: 2.17 UEFI
Link: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...SC=EMEA_27

Id like to unlock options such as change my video memory, currently stuck at 128MB. I would also be grateful is someone could removed lock from MSR 0xE2 for native OS X power management.

If you need any more information please let me know thanks.
find
quote
#4
(05-14-2014, 04:14 PM)k4har Wrote: Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Aspire S3 391
Bios: Insyde
Bios Revision: 2.17 UEFI
Link: http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/...SC=EMEA_27

Id like to unlock options such as change my video memory, currently stuck at 128MB. I would also be grateful is someone could removed lock from MSR 0xE2 for native OS X power management.

If you need any more information please let me know thanks.

Hi friend,
here is your Bios Mod Slic 2.1 + Menu Tabs Unlocked :

http://rghost.net/55165299

Use USBImage.exe to clone back to USB Stick a Recovery USB with your Bios Modded into, then use Recovery Procedure to flash !
I will look for MSR 0xE2 patch and will reply here.
Let me know
Regards

Look here, tool for read and write Model-Specific Registers (MSRs) :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/2...registers/

Tool for Patch Model-Specific Registers (MSRs) by CodeRush :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/2...g-utility/

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
I followed the steps in the readme but cant get the bios to flash. I have completely removed the battery, held down the power button to remove any power left on the board. Then plugged in the USB the program created, held ESC+FN, plugged in the power lead (battery still disconnected) whilst still pressing ESC+FN i pressed the power button until I heard the fan. I get a black screen and can see the USB blinking for 10 seconds then the laptop will restart without modding the BIOS.
find
quote
#6
Use this tool, run it as Administrator and upload here the result file, so I can look what has your Eeprom Chip :

http://rghost.net/52417082

regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#7
Photo 
(05-15-2014, 01:09 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Use this tool, run it as Administrator and upload here the result file, so I can look what has your Eeprom Chip :

http://rghost.net/52417082

regards

I have uploaded the result.rar to sendspace. It because the bios is protected?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n911q6

Thanks
find
quote
#8
(05-15-2014, 10:36 AM)k4har Wrote:
(05-15-2014, 01:09 AM)BDMaster Wrote: Use this tool, run it as Administrator and upload here the result file, so I can look what has your Eeprom Chip :

http://rghost.net/52417082

regards

I have uploaded the result.rar to sendspace. It because the bios is protected?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n911q6

Thanks

Yes !
We have to try using Intel FPT is only one chance !
Download and unpack this file, follow the instructions and flash from USB Dos Stick :

http://rghost.net/55203825

Create an USB Dos Formatted Bootable stick and copy all files from "modified" folder into It, then reboot from USB Stick and flash from CLI C:\
Let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#9
Booted from USB using those files I got an error 28. Check picture


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
(05-15-2014, 04:34 PM)k4har Wrote: Booted from USB using those files I got an error 28. Check picture

Ok last test, use same USB Stick and same files, only try it manualy :

1. Prr.exe (hit enter)

2. Fpt.exe -f bios.bin -bios (hit enter)

If We got same error then You have only to buy a SPI Programmer to write directly Eeprom Chip !
regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)