Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6406
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14042
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424555
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3655
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 343
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119206
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6817
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 438
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309823
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62002
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 656
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20315
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169432
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6387
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 862

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-592G BIOS Unlock
#21
Yes I would like to continue.

As for the backup tool, does it need a GUI? During the Windows set-up boot, you can fire up a command prompt but I'm not sure if you could run GUI stuff or not (I'll try it here in a few mins).

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#22
This tool is manual script, it uses direct reading from RAM (most antiviruses report it is virus,but it is safe!) so it must be run with Admin rights.
You can plug external HDD and install WIN there.
find
quote
#23
Alright; I don't have an external HDD so it looks like I'll just do the Windows install. I'll report back in about 10 minutes with the results of the tool.

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#24
https://www.sendspace.com/file/68u85j

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#25
Bad news!
1.Your bios chip is rewrite protected!Error 316 and 318 are not bypassable!
2.Recovery name not detected when bios unpacked.
3.So you need SPi programmer+Pomona SOIC8 clip to flash this mod.
Do you want to continue?
find
quote
#26
- Is there perhaps any other way I could go about the mod without the programmer?
- Could I guess at the recovery name?
- Would the backup tool provide any different information if I installed drivers within Windows (I'm using a clean install without any drivers; no drivers for any of Intel's stuff)?
- Could I try just taking the .fd and running with Acer's BIOS flasher tool?
- Would the backup tool information be different if I perhaps downgraded the BIOS? I can go back to the initial 1.03 BIOS.

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#27
Yes, you may roll back to 1.03 ver.
We can try to patch stock flasher and use it, but there is high risk to get laptop bricked.
Phoenix Tool didnt detected recovery name but you can find this name in DOS folder of stock flasher.
find
quote
#28
(06-25-2016, 04:48 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Yes, you may roll back to 1.03 ver.
We can try to patch stock flasher and use it, but there is high risk to get laptop bricked.
Phoenix Tool didnt detected recovery name but you can find this name in DOS folder of stock flasher.

Here's 1.03's: https://www.sendspace.com/file/l27gax

I'm not sure if the updater Acer uses check for signatures or anything; in the archive itself there's a .fd file and it looks like the flasher just uses that, but I'm not sure if there's more to it than that. I'd like to try flashing a .fd though if you wouldn't mind modding it (if 1.03 doesn't fix anything anyway; if it doesn't, I'd like the mod based on the latest 1.11 version)

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote
#29
Same result!
Ray111.fd may be is Recovery name.
Download DOS version of this bios and find that name.
find
quote
#30
(06-25-2016, 05:11 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Same result!
Ray111.fd may be is Recovery name.
Download DOS version of this bios and find that name.

Acer doesn't seem to offer a DOS flasher for this laptop (only the Windows flasher).

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)