Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Sergio717
Today 05:17 AM
» Replies: 656
» Views: 167424
M2N32-SLI Deluxe AM3 Support Request
Last Post: Alxstroi
Yesterday 11:08 PM
» Replies: 105
» Views: 71423
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 10:51 PM
» Replies: 17
» Views: 6605
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-30 (A7CNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: carmelletomato
Yesterday 07:29 PM
» Replies: 46
» Views: 22106
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:04 PM
» Replies: 140
» Views: 41046
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Yesterday 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Yesterday 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317327
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Yesterday 10:51 AM
» Replies: 487
» Views: 101137
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Yesterday 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2530
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Yesterday 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 346
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Yesterday 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55363
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64150
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
03-27-2024 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4109
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
03-27-2024 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 155
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
03-27-2024 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 105
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52244
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 247
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 338
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 155
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 141

[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-592G BIOS Unlock
Good news!We can disable rewrite protection so next bios image can be flashed using Intel FPT tool.
However disabling new locking algorithm is still in progress...
You have same lock like this laptop
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...dated-info

Please,do not post requests me in PM.Bios modding is very dangerous work.If i provide you confirmed modded bios, please donate for my dangerous work https://goo.gl/98BgtO.Thank you!
find
New mod sent in PM!

Please,do not post requests me in PM.Bios modding is very dangerous work.If i provide you confirmed modded bios, please donate for my dangerous work https://goo.gl/98BgtO.Thank you!
find
(08-14-2016, 09:45 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: New mod sent in PM!

Hmm, I don't have any new PM notifications yet, not sure if it's just a little slow or what though :p

As for the mod, was it made the same way that I could flash with the SPI programmer, or was the rewrite protection mod you were talking about done to this new mod?

Edit: Nevermind got the PM now

[Image: 820LcDeSURqbEMgv.jpg]
find
Rewrite protection is disabled in bios image, but you cant flash it because protection is enabled in current biosSmile
Use PGM to flash mod, hope it can unlock tabsSmile

find
Alright, flashed it but it looks like the same result (can't access setup utility; just reboots). Intel MEInfo also states host RW access to ME now too so it does look like RW protection is disabled now Smile

I haven't tried shutting down and rebooting to see if that worked this time, but it looks like I can reboot just fine.

I'm not sure if you happened to have saw what I wrote about before, but was what I noted before about the two setup utility pages true (Setup and Custom, Custom being the one in-use and with limited settings)?

Also as for the re-write protection, is it possible to mod my original BIOS with that only disabled until the unlocked one is figured out? I'm thinking that would give me a stable BIOS to work with for shutdowns and the setup utility while also letting me use Intel FPT for future tests; as long as it isn't too much trouble of course Smile

find
Good news!
I have no idea how unlock all tabs at this moment however....
settings 0x258 0x259 located in Main menu (it is visible) and can be unhide.
So you can find I-page and Bios Lock option in bios menu.
If you get unstable bios again,so there are new gift from vendor like HP:
any modded bios brick laptop after flash,we need to find module which is crashing laptop.
After 7 mins check your PMSmile

find
Alright, got it flashed through the programmer; it looks like it works great Smile I saw the i-Page and SPI Lock option on the Main tab; I set i-Page to enabled and the SPI lock to disabled, saved and exited, and there is a ton of options unlocked now.

find
So we are successed, you manually changed 0x258 var and got hidden settings.
can you post some screenshots for review, please?
You can test your bios using Intel FPT and look at result11.png, rewrite protection must be disabledSmile
One good new more:there are no internal check protection, so modded bios can be work properlySmile

find
Here's a video of most of the settings: https://youtu.be/lOtNFuL8Swk

Backup tool also looks good: https://i.sli.mg/qJx9JT.png

Some of the settings look interesting, others I have no idea what they do, and some don't apply to my motherboard :p (there's mention of NFC and wireless charging) But overall, there's plenty of useful settings unlocked now which I can make use of for testing out some stuff in Linux, and even for playing around with a Hackintosh setup. The audio configuration page is really interesting; can choose what audio features to enable and disable (DTS, Dolby, etc), and can even choose to use a generic audio setup instead of Intel's Smart Sound.

Thanks again for your time and the mod! I really appreciate it Smile

find
I've recently upgraded from a 10 year-old POS to a gorgeous shiny Acer VN7-593G. I'm thoroughly satisfied, in virtually all respects except one, the woefully under-featured BIOS configuration utility.

The first paydirt I hit was a post from 2015 from a person by the name of vodek, which outlined a process for enabling some more advanced menu options. Unfortunately Acer has not released a BIOS update for my machine, so I started by downloading a BIOS update for the VN7-592G, and followed all directions with that in order to make sure I understood and was able to follow all directions, and everything went fine. I've also verified that I'm able to boot my machine into the Insyde EFI shell.

Given that Acer isn't currently providing a bios image for me to work with, I investigating extracting something directly from the computer itself. I successfully pulled out something using the "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit" (A copy of this image can be found here) and following the instructions from the instructions linked above went pretty well until step number 6, I was unable to find either "Intel Page" or "i-Page" in the extracted text file (A copy of which can be found here).

Without the correct address for the variable I'm unable to set the value to enable the advanced menu, if anyone else has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
find