Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
Today 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
Today 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
Yesterday 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 124
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1221905
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
Yesterday 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 118882
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 151
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6635
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 258
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308902
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61709
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 445
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20088
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168768
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6121
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5614
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60904
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274792
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 767
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24730

[REQUEST] Acer Swift X SFX14-41G BIOS Lock
#1
I have been reading for days but i'm still a little fuzzy on what the next step is.

Laptop: Acer SFX14-41G (AMD 5800U)
Bios: InsydeH20 5.0
Goal: unlock hidden menus for AMD to increase infinity fabric and improve memory timing.

I downloaded the bios update .exe from acer's website and extracted an abobios.bin out of it. Loading the .bin into UEFI tools shows a lot of entries that look like hidden menus. For example "AMDCPM...". So i think I'm in the right place but its over 16mb. Aren't most bios roms 8mb?

Can I modify this .bin (or get help modifying) and reflash it using the tools i extracted from the .exe (H20FFT-x64.exe) or do i need to get a CH341A and dump/flash the bios manually?

I'm happy to learn to modify the bios myself but I cant find any specific examples of what to look for and what to change. Does a guide exist for insyde?


Here is the .bin if anybody is interested. Thanks for reading,
www(DOT)filemail(DOT)com/d/xutcbnlshqkuipl
find
quote
#2
(08-17-2021, 05:57 PM)hh1599 Wrote: I have been reading for days but i'm still a little fuzzy on what the next step is.

Laptop: Acer SFX14-41G (AMD 5800U)
Bios: InsydeH20 5.0
Goal: unlock hidden menus for AMD to increase infinity fabric and improve memory timing.

I downloaded the bios update .exe from acer's website and extracted an abobios.bin out of it. Loading the .bin into UEFI tools shows a lot of entries that look like hidden menus. For example "AMDCPM...". So i think I'm in the right place but its over 16mb. Aren't most bios roms 8mb?

Can I modify this .bin (or get help modifying) and reflash it using the tools i extracted from the .exe (H20FFT-x64.exe) or do i need to get a CH341A and dump/flash the bios manually?

I'm happy to learn to modify the bios myself but I cant find any specific examples of what to look for and what to change. Does a guide exist for insyde?


Here is the .bin if anybody is interested. Thanks for reading,
www(DOT)filemail(DOT)com/d/xutcbnlshqkuipl
Hi
AMD cpu
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Also you need converter 1.8v
find
quote
#3
(08-18-2021, 01:59 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: Hi
AMD cpu
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
Also you need converter 1.8v

Thanks Dudu,

I have a ch341a and my bios chip is a XM25QU128B.

If I try to dump the bios using the 1.8v adapter i just get errors. It cant connect. If i take the 1.8V adapter off it detects the chip and dumps it without a problem. However, I have dumped the bios 10 times but none of the files are the same. When I do a hex compare there is always slight differences.
find
quote
#4
I would like to have access to the advanced menu of said laptop. It's the AMD 5800U variant, current bios from Acer is v1.04. 
I'd like to know a few things - 
1. Is it possible that some of the advanced options aren't going to be actually ipmlemented? As in, they wouldn't actually do anything even if changed.
2. What do I need in order to write to the bios chip? Can it be modified via program, similarly to how it is upgraded by Acer?
3. Assuming there's no way of writing to the chip via software, is it possible to extract the key presses of this specific bios that unlocks the advanced menu, like other laptops that run the exact same Insyde BIOS revision (5.0)?
Thanks in advance
find
quote
#5
Hoping someone can help me out with a stock or modded bios. I was playing around with smokeless_umaf and bricked my laptop.
Bios chip-xm25qu128b
Cpu - ryzen 7 5800u
Thanks in advance.
edit- I also have the bricked bios file if its needed.
find
quote
#6
(10-08-2025, 06:58 PM)Jby56 Wrote: Hoping someone can help me out with a stock or modded bios. I was playing around with smokeless_umaf and bricked my laptop.
Bios chip-xm25qu128b
Cpu - ryzen 7 5800u
Thanks in advance.
edit- I also have the bricked bios file if its needed.
Do you have a converter 1.8v?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)