Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104591
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8481
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8163
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14341
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425535
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3838
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 528
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227470
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119626
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6994
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310559
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Acer Switch 10 SW5-012 BIOS Unlock
#41
Acer Aspire Switch SW5-012
Bios Version : 1.20
GOP Driver 7.2.1007
CPU: Intel Atom Z3735F
BIOS:
.bin   isflash.bin (Size: 8.64 MB / Downloads: 26)

Question: I try to install Linux and want to use the internal microsd card slot. But the controller is reported as readonly. This seems to be a bug (https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/sd-ca...only.6699/). Is it possible to patch this? 

Screenshots:
               
find
quote
#42
missing screenshot of efi
   
find
quote
#43
It was also my attention, to install x64 bit system on that machine...searching all over the net but nothing so far..I didnt even manage to install Kali linux on it..Completely useless device.
find
quote
#44
Hi there,

I'm a native French speaker.

Model: ACER SW5-012, Bios: "Fendi2" 1.14

I'm not really here to mod my bios or something like that, I'm here cause I have some troubles to setup the UEFI/BIOS, I've set a Supervisor password years ago and forgot it. I tried everything under the sun, flashing the bios twice, nothing can get rid of the supervisor password. The way the bios is setup  prevents me of booting on a usb or changing the boot order, changing the secure boot and so on... cause all the options are simply locked.

The biosbug site only gives access to the user profile, not the supervisor profile. I'm stuck in a tricky loop and can't solve it. I can't identify a cmos, or jumpers to short it on the main board, and it is impossible for me to boot on Linux to help.

I've tried to backup the bios in a dump file to check with 101 if I can see something useful like here. That snippet/chunk of code from a guy using the same hardware as me, seems to have a plain text password available :

Code:
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 5F 50 53 57 5F 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 08 48 41 59 52 59 45 36
37 B9 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

This chunk of hexa code isn't from my Bios but from a guy on YouTube, and the password is clearly written: 48 41 59 52 59 45 36
37 B9

But I can't get my backup, Universal Bios Tool Kit can't identify it, probably because the toolkit was released in 2009 if I'm not wrong.
[font=Söhne, ui-sans-serif, system-ui, -apple-system, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Noto Sans', sans-serif, 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, 'Apple Color Emoji', 'Segoe UI Emoji', 'Segoe UI Symbol', 'Noto Color Emoji']FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 5F 5[/font]

I'm stuck in windows 10, the only way for me to get out of this issue would be to send the tablet back to Acer and give a hundred bucks at least for an old 2016 tablet and a  trouble I would have solved in 2 minutes with a standard PC motherboard.

Btw I apology if I'm in the wrong section, I'm a bit lost here.  

Luxyyy
find
quote
#45
A simple tuto for non pro ppl that would come here coz they get the same trouble:

I managed to  get rid of the supervisor password in the bios, I put the steps here just in case someone would have the same idea of messing with the bios hexadecimal content.

1 if possible go into the bios and reset the user password by entering the actual one and leave empty the others fields. it will leave the bios with the supervisor password only.

2 get the bios flash tool from acer for this model, nomatter the bios version it can be 1.10 1.14 1.16 1.20, the procedure is pretty the same.

3 once the flashtool is on the desktop, open the exe file, once the app is running and asking if the user is sure to proceed, u go to appdata, local, temp, 7zSFF87.tmp directory. Then open platform.ini and do the following modifications:

3.1: search for the char "Bios_Version_Check", once there, just below set the flag from 2 to 0, it will prevent the check of the rom version procedure in case you want to downgrade the bios.
      
3.2: search for the char "Password", once there, set Password at 1 to force the flash of the actual password.

4. Now shut all the applications, put the AC power cable in the jack, come back into the P0JAC2_BIOS_V1.14_A3.exe(aka H2OFFT-W.exe) and click on ok to start the flash procedure.

Windows soon will restart and the flash procedure is gonna take less than 1 minute, then it will restart again and boot on windows.

5 Reboot the machine, F2 to run the bios, a password will still be asked. Click 3 times on ok to exceed the trials numbers. The bios will ask for a password based on a hash of 8 digits.

6 Use a second computer or a smartphone to connect to the site biosbug.com. Go in Acer 8 digits section. Enter the 8 digits asked by the bios, it will generates a new 8 digits number. I tried this procedure without flashing the bios prior, it did not work at all.

7 Now you get access to the bios in admin mode, You have access to both supervisor pass settings and user settings. Go into supervisor password settings and enter the 8 digits once again as the actual password, and leaves the others fields empty. then save.

Now the bios passwords for both user and supervisor are clean.

Luxyyy.
find
quote
#46
thanks you suchende 
it’s good thanks a lot  Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)