Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 459
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104589
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 978
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14339
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 247
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425522
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 526
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 326
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 665
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227441
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 384
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 613
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Acer Switch 10 SW5-012 BIOS Unlock
#31
Well Ive Went The Bios Way Ive Modified The Bios To Enable Legacy Just Trying To Flash It Need Someone On This Site To Help With Naming The File For Crisis Flash!!! FPTW won't work apparently windows 8.1 contains no real admin rights and cannot boot dos so crisis is the only option with VOLUME UP, POWER & HOME!
find
quote
#32
(03-31-2015, 07:23 AM)elementalist666 Wrote: Well Ive Went The Bios Way Ive Modified The Bios To Enable Legacy Just Trying To Flash It Need Someone On This Site To Help With Naming The File For Crisis Flash!!! FPTW won't work apparently windows 8.1 contains no real admin rights and cannot boot dos so crisis is the only option with VOLUME UP, POWER & HOME!

But aren't the bios in the Switch 10 RSA Signed? Meaning they are write protected? Were you able to flash your bios?
find
quote
#33
I don't think they are signed just protected with the Insyde Secure Flash I just found a Crisis Recovery module in the pei stack of the bios so Im just trying to find the bios name to flash it this bypasses all security checks!
find
quote
#34
Here's a snapshot of what im getting at Tongue


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#35
(03-31-2015, 01:19 PM)elementalist666 Wrote: Here's a snapshot of what im getting at Tongue

Oh well that would be awesome, it looks like progress is being made. let me know what you figure out. I think I will continue to play with the UEFI Script for now, but if you find out a way to mod and flash the bios that would be great! Thanks!
find
quote
#36
Yah been delayed on phone with Acer all day they will not budge or even admit to the Crisis Bios Mod Tongue got to 2nd level tecch got a little info not much though!
find
quote
#37
(03-31-2015, 03:42 PM)elementalist666 Wrote: Yah been delayed on phone with Acer all day they will not budge or even admit to the Crisis Bios Mod Tongue got to 2nd level tecch got a little info not much though!

Wow interesting, it looks like that Donovan6000 has cracked the pei, that stuff just seems way over my head lol. I wonder why it is so difficult to disable the x86 boot lock, because I'm able to change a lot of the setting over the EFI shell. I haven't figured out how to unlock the advanced menu though... It seems like it would be possible though through the EFI shell.
find
quote
#38
Just found out SPI is locked I think that's what the bios lock setting was!
find
quote
#39
Ok so took my Switch 10 apart and found a discovery aside from the bios chip being way to small to flash with a programmer I took the metal shield off the cpu and graphics come to find out Acer did not put the heat sync pad on the cpu but way off to the side straight up 50% performance boost and my memory usage with IE open is only 23% and cpu running at a cool 2-8% at 1.55GHZ so acer may have made these tablet a tad bit cheap but by far better performance I was wondering why it was heating up aside from that Im not going to flash #1 I don't know how to at this point so I may see if it is possible to hex edit the setup utility via EFI SHELL not the one I have provided but the one downloaded from tianocore If all else fails Im just going to build a Linux version for it Ive already got android running with grub wifi and all just no brightness control or acpi features including sleep Regarding the legacy mode I think the only boot medium it will find is the harddrive so may have to repartition it! Im not giving up just trying a different approach! CHEERS.
find
quote
#40
(03-31-2015, 08:39 PM)elementalist666 Wrote: Ok so took my Switch 10 apart and found a discovery aside from the bios chip being way to small to flash with a programmer I took the metal shield off the cpu and graphics come to find out Acer did not put the heat sync pad on the cpu but way off to the side straight up 50% performance boost and my memory usage with IE open is only 23% and cpu running at a cool 2-8% at 1.55GHZ so acer may have made these tablet a tad bit cheap but by far better performance I was wondering why it was heating up aside from that Im not going to flash #1 I don't know how to at this point so I may see if it is possible to hex edit the setup utility via EFI SHELL not the one I have provided but the one downloaded from tianocore If all else fails Im just going to build a Linux version for it Ive already got android running with grub wifi and all just no brightness control or acpi features including sleep Regarding the legacy mode I think the only boot medium it will find is the harddrive so may have to repartition it! Im not giving up just trying a different approach! CHEERS.

For sure, sounds good to me, if I find anything I'll be sure to let you know too. That is all really good info too, now I'm tempted to open mine, but I've been surprised since the day I got it how cool it ran without any fan. The legacy mode makes sense when you put it like that, I wonder if I had an open empty volume in the front of my hdd partition if it would read it... In any case, I'm sure you will figure out Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)