Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 Whiteli...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Today 10:36 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
Yesterday 05:04 PM
» Views: 89
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
Yesterday 03:23 PM
» Views: 78
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6098
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
Yesterday 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 219897
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
Yesterday 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
Yesterday 08:28 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98354
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 23973
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 323723
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 985
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 283
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 541945
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 236
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 206
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 656303
[REQUEST] Lenovo B575 (52CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: thepwrtank18
04-13-2024 06:13 PM
» Replies: 56
» Views: 20420
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H9ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: alvaro8905
04-13-2024 05:25 PM
» Replies: 673
» Views: 163493
Lenovo Yoga 14s (slim7Gen 8)
04-13-2024 03:32 PM
» Replies: 12
» Views: 649

[REQUEST] Asrock G31M-VS2 Vcore Unlock
(02-26-2020, 10:13 AM)bauto601 Wrote: Alright, then we are going to it the hard way.  Tongue  I need the component type name/number of the chip that i marked with the black circle in picture that i attached in this post. Then i can help you further.

Ok this is the chip RT8857, also a photo:
[Image: chip.jpg]

Hi!
find
(02-26-2020, 10:37 AM)AddictedMelody Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 10:13 AM)bauto601 Wrote: Alright, then we are going to it the hard way.  Tongue  I need the component type name/number of the chip that i marked with the black circle in picture that i attached in this post. Then i can help you further.

Ok this is the chip RT8857, also a photo:
[Image: chip.jpg]

Hi!

Excellent, in the attachement in my post i have a picture of the pinout of the controller. I marked the "FB" pin with a red circle.

In order to increase the voltage to the cpu, a resistor needs to be placed between the FB pin and ground. The ground point can be taken from just about any ground point on the motherboard, but the closer the ground point the better.

When the resistance between the FB pin and GND decreases, the vcore increases. So you want to use a multi-turn trimpot that is connected between the FB pin and the GND pin to regulate the amount of additional voltage.

The pins on the chip are very small and i don't recommend in this case to solder the wire for the trimpot directly to the chip itself. But around the chip there are multiple resistors. One of those resistors is directly connected to the FB pin on one side. You can find this resistor by probing around with a multimeter. This resistor provides a larger solder pad to solder the wire onto. This resistor must stay connected, do NOT remove it. Only add the wire there.

I also don't know at which resistance value the voltage controller starts to add voltage. So i recommend to start with a trimpot with a resistance of somewhere between 10K and 50K ohm of resistance to be on the safe side.  And adjust it to give maximum resistance before connecting it.Starting with a too low resistance can give a way too large voltage increase which can be up to 3V and basically kill the board and cpu. 

Once everything is connected you boot up the motherboard and go into bios and immediately go to the hardware monitoring tab to see what the vcore is. If it is still too low, you slowly start turning the trimpot so that it's resistance decreases. First it will probably do nothing but after a few turns it should start to increase voltage. The sensitivity will also increase to the point that a quarter turn can be +0.1V so please turn the pot slowly and carefully pay attention to the vcore value, it can take about a second before the bios shows the new vcore value.

I hope this is clear enough and gets you started on hardmodding budget stuff to make it decent.  Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

find
(02-26-2020, 11:02 AM)bauto601 Wrote: Excellent, in the attachement in my post i have a picture of the pinout of the controller. I marked the "FB" pin with a red circle.

In order to increase the voltage to the cpu, a resistor needs to be placed between the FB pin and ground. The ground point can be taken from just about any ground point on the motherboard, but the closer the ground point the better.

When the resistance between the FB pin and GND decreases, the vcore increases. So you want to use a multi-turn trimpot that is connected between the FB pin and the GND pin to regulate the amount of additional voltage.

The pins on the chip are very small and i don't recommend in this case to solder the wire for the trimpot directly to the chip itself. But around the chip there are multiple resistors. One of those resistors is directly connected to the FB pin on one side. You can find this resistor by probing around with a multimeter. This resistor provides a larger solder pad to solder the wire onto. This resistor must stay connected, do NOT remove it. Only add the wire there.

I also don't know at which resistance value the voltage controller starts to add voltage. So i recommend to start with a trimpot with a resistance of somewhere between 10K and 50K ohm of resistance to be on the safe side.  And adjust it to give maximum resistance before connecting it.Starting with a too low resistance can give a way too large voltage increase which can be up to 3V and basically kill the board and cpu. 

Once everything is connected you boot up the motherboard and go into bios and immediately go to the hardware monitoring tab to see what the vcore is. If it is still too low, you slowly start turning the trimpot so that it's resistance decreases. First it will probably do nothing but after a few turns it should start to increase voltage. The sensitivity will also increase to the point that a quarter turn can be +0.1V so please turn the pot slowly and carefully pay attention to the vcore value, it can take about a second before the bios shows the new vcore value.

I hope this is clear enough and gets you started on hardmodding budget stuff to make it decent.  Big Grin

So basically if i have understand i need to do that, is this scheme correct?:
[Image: fdfd.jpg]

I will use a 50k trimmer and start with a 50k value. Also what vcore do you suggest for an Intel Q9400?

Hi and thanks for the support, really appreciated it.
find
(02-26-2020, 11:21 AM)AddictedMelody Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 11:02 AM)bauto601 Wrote: Excellent, in the attachement in my post i have a picture of the pinout of the controller. I marked the "FB" pin with a red circle.

So basically if i have understand i need to do that, is this scheme correct?:
[Image: fdfd.jpg]

I will use a 50k trimmer and start with a 10k value. Also what vcore do you suggest for an Intel Q9400?

Hi and thanks for the support, really appreciated it.

Yes, your circuit is right. If you use a 50K trimmer i would recommend to also start with a 50K value, better safe then sorry i guess. 

It also must be a multi-turn pot (like 10 turns or something like that), especially if you go for a 50K pot. Otherwise it will be wayyyyyyy too sensitive.
 Please report back the result, i'm also a bit curious about the end result.

The recommended vcore for a Q9400 should be somewhere between 1.15~1.25V for stock clocks. With your motherboard you can probably go up to 1.35V if you want to overclock. I don't recommend you to go any higher because the voltage regulators are already near their limit by running a quadcore at stock voltage.
find
(02-26-2020, 11:27 AM)bauto601 Wrote: Yes, your circuit is right. If you use a 50K trimmer i would recommend to also start with a 50K value, better safe then sorry i guess. 

It also must be a multi-turn pot (like 10 turns or something like that), especially if you go for a 50K pot. Otherwise it will be wayyyyyyy too sensitive.
 Please report back the result, i'm also a bit curious about the end result.

The recommended vcore for a Q9400 should be somewhere between 1.15~1.25V for stock clocks. With your motherboard you can probably go up to 1.35V if you want to overclock. I don't recommend you to go any higher because the voltage regulators are already near their limit by running a quadcore at stock voltage.

So ok i will do that and post the result. At the moment with the Q9400 all stock with automatic vcore (1.24V) the system crashes under some loadtest. Hoping that if i raise the vcore it can run good.

Hi and thanks again!
find