Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317069
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101052
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2517
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40958
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 332
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55304
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64129
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4095
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6564
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 143
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 89
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52171
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167137
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 237
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 325
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 139
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 125
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6331
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125407

[REQUEST] Asus H87-PRO bios unlock
Hi I'm doing some overclock on my asus h87 pro but some settings are locked and i can't go further than 4.2 Ghz with my 4670k at 1.22v vcore, some h87 were updated with a bios that allowed to unlock a ton of options for overclock but this only has only the ratio unlocked.

Can someone unlock all the options in the bios of this motherboard please?
Here's the link for the latest official bios: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/H87...Desk_BIOS/

Thanks Smile
find
Some Asus H87, were updated with a ton of options? If yes, please link some examples, thanks

Please zip up some BIOS screenshots showing me all settings visible to you in AI Tweaker, Digi VRM, and CPU power management pages too.

What is locked? Is there a limit at 42, and is there a vcore limit?
find
(11-13-2018, 05:37 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Some Asus H87, were updated with a ton of options? If yes, please link some examples, thanks

Please zip up some BIOS screenshots showing me all settings visible to you in AI Tweaker, Digi VRM, and CPU power management pages too.

What is locked? Is there a limit at 42, and is there a vcore limit?

This mornirng I did some tweaking and raised to 4.3 Ghz at 1.25 Vcore but I can't get higher clocks stable even if I raise the Vcore like 1.3 probably because bad vrm, temperatures are not a problem because I use a TC14PE and the max temperatures are at 65ÂșC, I saw some H87 having XMP enabled and BLCK while my h87 pro version does not have those settings unlocked.

Thanks for the reply, here are the pics: https://imgur.com/a/1kfYhVz
find
It could be VRM cooling, or power delivery in general, since H87 was not designed for overclocking.

You should already be able to enable XMP, I thought, but based on our images looks like that's hidden from you too. Thanks for the images, I'll get you a unlocked BIOS tonight. Bclk might not be possible, and even if so it would only be 101-103 or so since your board was not deigned to overclock it does not have an external bclk controller IC.

Please familiarize yourself with this process, steps #6 onward, you will be using this method to unlock your BIOS to allow flashing modified BIOS.
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

From steps 1-5, the following are the variables you will use with this process, you can go ahead and make these changes now while you wait.
SMI Lock >> 0x7D
BIOS Lock >> 0x7E

Change both of those to 0x0, so following commands at grub prompt will be used one at a time
Setup_Var 0x7D 0x0
Setup_Var 0x7E 0x0
find
(11-14-2018, 06:05 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: It could be VRM cooling, or power delivery in general, since H87 was not designed for overclocking.

You should already be able to enable XMP, I thought, but based on our images looks like that's hidden from you too. Thanks for the images, I'll get you a unlocked BIOS tonight. Bclk might not be possible, and even if so it would only be 101-103 or so since your board was not deigned to overclock it does not have an external bclk controller IC.

Please familiarize yourself with this process, steps #6 onward, you will be using this method to unlock your BIOS to allow flashing modified BIOS.
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

From steps 1-5, the following are the variables you will use with this process, you can go ahead and make these changes now while you wait.
SMI Lock >> 0x7D
BIOS Lock >> 0x7E

Change both of those to 0x0, so following commands at grub prompt will be used one at a time
Setup_Var 0x7D 0x0
Setup_Var 0x7E 0x0

I have a high airflow case with positive pressure fans giving the vrms some decent cooling but I got no idea what temps I'm getting, as you said my motherboard was not designed for overclock so probably that's why I can't push higher than 4.3, psu is not a problem it's a EVGA G2 750W Gold.

I highly appreciate the reply, thanks Big Grin
find
Might be worth it to get some of those cheap alu or fake copper tiny square heatsinks to put on the VRM's, then that airflow would really help a lot more.

Here is modified BIOS and FPT, you must unlock the variables I mentioned in post #4 first, then you can flash via FPT. However, you can try flashing the H87PRO.CAP BIOS via EZ Flash, but I suspect it will give you security error. Please be sure to only use the .bin BIOS region with FPT, do not use .CAP with FPT, both are included hence this warning
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5619029496

To flash with FPT, first you must have already unlocked the above variables via grub. Then select the FPT folder, hold shift and then right click, choose open command window here and run the following command
FPTw.exe -bios -f H87PRO_BIOSregion.bin

If you have flash programmer, we can try swap in Z87 setup module, or maybe other Asus H87 if you link me to any of the ones you say are already unlocked (This would be best move first)

I forgot to have you include DRAM timing images, do you have all the memory timings visible that you needed to play with? if not, send me images of all that section too so I can see what is hidden. Also, show me all visible sections (not inside, just the sections themselves) in advanced, and I can unlock any you have missing. For CPU config section in advanced, show me all you have visible inside, and inside CPU Power configuration too.
find
(11-15-2018, 03:07 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Might be worth it to get some of those cheap alu or fake copper tiny square heatsinks to put on the VRM's, then that airflow would really help a lot more.

Here is modified BIOS and FPT, you must unlock the variables I mentioned in post #4 first, then you can flash via FPT. However, you can try flashing the H87PRO.CAP BIOS via EZ Flash, but I suspect it will give you security error. Please be sure to only use the .bin BIOS region with FPT, do not use .CAP with FPT, both are included hence this warning
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5619029496

To flash with FPT, first you must have already unlocked the above variables via grub. Then select the FPT folder, hold shift and then right click, choose open command window here and run the following command
FPTw.exe -bios -f H87PRO_BIOSregion.bin

If you have flash programmer, we can try swap in Z87 setup module, or maybe other Asus H87 if you link me to any of the ones you say are already unlocked (This would be best move first)

I forgot to have you include DRAM timing images, do you have all the memory timings visible that you needed to play with? if not, send me images of all that section too so I can see what is hidden. Also, show me all visible sections (not inside, just the sections themselves) in advanced, and I can unlock any you have missing. For CPU config section in advanced, show me all you have visible inside, and inside CPU Power configuration too.

Thank you so much for the help, I'll update the bios today if I have time.

Here are the pics with the dram timing, advanced, cpu config and cpu power configuration: https://imgur.com/a/LU8mQPW
find
There's a few further things I can enable for you if you want, in the advanced section? Thermal configuration page, where you can set thermal trip points with it's related temp and fan settings, and a PCH-FW section with setting to enable ME updating. If you want those, let me know and I'll make you another BIOS later tonight
find
(11-15-2018, 10:05 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: There's a few further things I can enable for you if you want, in the advanced section? Thermal configuration page, where you can set thermal trip points with it's related temp and fan settings, and a PCH-FW section with setting to enable ME updating. If you want those, let me know and I'll make you another BIOS later tonight

The more things unlocked the better, and thanks again Big Grin
find
Here it is, all changes in addition to above, so you can just use this package and toss the other one
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...3722079542
find