Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108066
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1315
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9217
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14366
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425668
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227671
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119724
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310615
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62229

[REQUEST] Dell 17R 5737 Unlock Menu Items
#1
Hi everyone, I would like to tweak my laptop a bit, are there any hidden setting that can be unlocked, mainly hoping for BCLK settings, memory settings, CPU settings such as turning off hyperthreading & GPU settings for the integrated 4400 graphics

A bonus would be if the 15W limit on the processor could be bypassed Smile

Link to latest BIOS A07
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/e...rId=6YHG2#

Any help would be very appreciated
find
quote
#2
(02-14-2014, 03:29 PM)livingl@rge Wrote: Hi everyone, I would like to tweak my laptop a bit, are there any hidden setting that can be unlocked, mainly hoping for BCLK settings, turning off hyperthreading & GPU settings for the integrated 4400 graphics

Link to latest BIOS A07
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/e...rId=6YHG2#

Any help would be very appreciated

Checking the Compatibility section for that BIOS revision, it states it's only compatible with Inspiron 17R-3737, not 5737. For 17R-5737, apparently the latest revision is A06 (http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/e...3339638799).

I created a topic today requesting an unlocked BIOS for my laptop, Dell Inspiron 15R-5537, the latest revision compatible with it is also A06. If some member posts the unlocked BIOS or tells me it can't be unlocked, I'll give you a reply here, I would like you to do the same if someone unlocks the BIOS file for your laptop, it might give a hint of how to mod/unlock mine.

EDIT: I checked the "applies to" section and it does state it also applies to 17R-5737 and also my model, 15R-5537. Now I'm confused.
find
quote
#3
Quote:Checking the Compatibility section for that BIOS revision, it states it's only compatible with Inspiron 17R-3737, not 5737. For 17R-5737, apparently the latest revision is A06 (http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/e...3339638799).

I created a topic today requesting an unlocked BIOS for my laptop, Dell Inspiron 15R-5537, the latest revision compatible with it is also A06. If some member posts the unlocked BIOS or tells me it can't be unlocked, I'll give you a reply here, I would like you to do the same if someone unlocks the BIOS file for your laptop, it might give a hint of how to mod/unlock mine.

EDIT: I checked the "applies to" section and it does state it also applies to 17R-5737 and also my model, 15R-5537. Now I'm confused.

Oh yeah my bad! Searched for 5737 & the drivers page for that show's the other A07 bios aswell
find
quote
#4
5737 and 3737 share the same bios. I just upgraded my 3737 with A07 from the 5737 page and works fine Smile
I'm also interested in some unlocked/modded version for this laptop.
find
quote
#5
There must be someone who can help Sad
find
quote
#6
Someone already unlocked the bios, the problem is we cannot write it because of some protection, apparently. :/
find
quote
#7
(02-24-2014, 02:17 PM)tty8k Wrote: Someone already unlocked the bios, the problem is we cannot write it because of some protection, apparently. :/

Were's the link I wanna have a look at the info
find
quote
#8
Just found out that the Dell A07 bios uses Insyde Secure Flash. This is one type of bios protection that we haven't developed a very good method to bypass. If you guys are willing to try some stuff, then we can continue trying to mod this bios. Just be aware that most of the things I want to try haven't been tested before, so there is a chance that your computer will be bricked.
find
quote
#9
(02-24-2014, 07:55 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Just found out that the Dell A07 bios uses Insyde Secure Flash. This is one type of bios protection that we haven't developed a very good method to bypass. If you guys are willing to try some stuff, then we can continue trying to mod this bios. Just be aware that most of the things I want to try haven't been tested before, so there is a chance that your computer will be bricked.

What do you want me to try? The must be a way to restore the system if its bricked?
find
quote
#10
Anyone?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)