Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 813
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108111
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1318
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3545
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8774
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14374
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 253
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425701
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 542
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 336
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 730
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227800
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119732
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 392
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7006
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310657
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62242

[REQUEST] Gateway LT4010u
#1
Hello! I just bought a Gateway LT4010u netbook. I'd like to enable EMT64, but have no experience with modifying BIOS. Looking through this site I found that it is entirely possible and has been successfully performed by several of your members on the Asus eeepc 1025C as you can see in this request thread. It has pretty much the exact same hardware as my netbook: Intel Atom N2600 processor, GMA 3600, etc.

What software did you guys use for this and could you give me a basic walk through or point me in the right direction for more info?


For reference this is the link to the latest LT4010u BIOS: BIOS_Gateway_1.09_A_A.zip

Thanks in advance! 

-Will
find
quote
#2
Hi friend,
These are two kind Bios different !
That one was an AMI Aptio 4 and this one (your) is an Insyde !

[Image: image.png]

Look into EFI IFR txt to find EM64T variable (I cannot find It) so It's not
applicable directly and indirectly We have to find an MSR register variable to modfy !
It's almost complicated !
Look by your self into this file :

http://rghost.net/private/7NS8CBfHD/4063...dbbef5fe11

I will give a look anyway !

Let me know my friend have You tried to install an x64 bit Operative System ?
Have You got some alert about ?
Have You found only this Bios ? is last one ?
This acronism is used to evidence the x64 bit structure !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#3
Hi BDMaster! Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I have done a bit of poking around with the various tools I downloaded from here and saw that my BIOS is Insyde, but I didn't know the Asus 1025c's was AMI Aptio, so that may explain some of my confusion.

I have installed an 64 bit version of Ubuntu Linux on this system and it worked, but when I looked at the RAM I saw that there was only 2.9Gb usable of the 4Gb I have installed. This is what I'm trying to fix.

I looked through the .txt file you created but couldn't find anything either, but then again I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.  Blush
find
quote
#4
Ok but I don't know if It's a Bios issue . . . try to install Win7 x64 too
and let me know if there is same issue !
So then we can check about some RAM limit (strange as x64 have not) !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#5
I'm in the process of installing Win7 x64 right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

-Will
find
quote
#6
Well, I was able to install the 64 bit version of Windows 7 on it, but it still says only 2.99Gb of the 4Gb is usable. This is the same as it said on the other two OS's I've tried.

From what I've read here and elsewhere this limit doesn't originate in the OS but in the BIOS. Im just not sure what to look for and what tools to use to look for it and edit it.

-Will
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)