Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310642
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[REQUEST] HP DV7-6187cl
#1
I've been on here a few times over the last 4 to 5 years, and I cannot seem to get the assistance that I am looking for.  I have a DV7-6187cl.  I have the Intel N-1030 card, but I want to use the AC-7260 card.  Maybe I am stupid, and cannot locate via search what I am looking for?  I apparently have the Insyde F.1B bios.  Nothing that I have tried so far seems to work.  All I get it the unsupported wlan module (720) at startup.  

Here is the link to a pic of my bios screen:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/g405iwy80ona1j...3.jpg?dl=0

I should add, that since I am using Windows 10 64 bit, that the HP website shows nothing for drivers.  It originally came with Windows 7, and obviously I have now updated it twice, from 7 to 8/8.1, and then to 10.

This is the last bios that was shown when I had Windows 7:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe     Version F.1B Rev. A

I am really at a loss of what to do.  This is what the HP Support page gives me:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfpcztjuz8ofp9...e.jpg?dl=0

I am and have been more than willing to donate.  I would be sincerely grateful if someone can assist.  I know it's an older laptop now by industry standards, but the N-1030 card is terrible.

Thank you!

Aaron
find
quote
#2
Hello!
Try this one
https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...miloml.exe
find
quote
#3
(04-17-2016, 01:29 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello!
Try this one
https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...miloml.exe


Thanks!  Would you be able to tell me, the best way to do it, or the necessary steps?  Do I just run the .exe file?
find
quote
#4
Just run FlashInsyde.exe. Before flashing procedure prepare USB stick and save dump here.
find
quote
#5
The system sees the card, but I cannot turn on wifi with button or in settings.
find
quote
#6
I guess that for some reason, I am just stuck with the Intel N-1030 card. While the whitelist was removed with that bios mod, I tried 3 different cards, the N-6230, the N-6235, and the AC-7260. Device manager recognizes all three cards, and says they are working correctly, and bluetooth works, but I cannot either via physical switch, or under wi-fi settings get the wi-fi to turn on. I am screwed and now I have a total of 4 cards (including the one in my laptop) here.

Any ideas on how to force the wi-fi to be on?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)