Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108043
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425650
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227608
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119720
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[REQUEST] HP ENVY Notebook 17-u018ca, Insydeh20 f2.2 rev
#1
Hi, I'm new here so I'm not sure if I'm in the right section, but I'll do my best to explain my problem, it's a really long story so sit tight.

If you just don't care about the details then you can scroll down a bit and you'll find the BIOS link.

------------
The Story
------------
Not long ago, I've bought myself a new notebook, HP Envy Notebook 17-u018ca, it's a really good one, much better than my older computer. Unfortunately, it was pre-installed with Windows 10 which is a OS that I don't really appreciate. But since I didn't wanted to lose everything on it. I've
decided to do a Dual-Boot with Windows 7.

After spending almost 2 days to figure out how to launch the Windows 7 Installation in UEFI mode, I finally manage to get it started. But unfortunately, this is where the problem start, there's a screen that say: "Windows is loading files, etc..." but then, it freeze at the "Starting Windows".

After a few researches, I'm pretty sure that it have something to do with the driver's type, I need to switch it to AHCI. So I've opened up the BIOS and much to my surprise, there's no "Advanced" options. So I've looked up on the Internet trying to find a modded BIOS of "Insydeh20 f0.8", but I didn't find anything. Donovan6000's tutorial isn't helping either, the bios that he use and the bios that I have are far to different.

So I though to myself that it was because the BIOS was outdated, so I went to HP, looked up on a update and I've found it, the BIOS would be updated to f2.2 rev. Unfortunately, F2.2 doesn't have any modded BIOS yet and Donovan6000's tutorial can't help either.
------------

After 2 or 3 headaches, I've just gave up on trying to find a solution on my own and I went here to see if someone had a modded BIOS or just wanted to mod a BIOS.

Here's a link to the BIOS: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...b_101228_1

(I couldn't find a direct link to the BIOS so I give you a "mediafire" kind of download)

Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)