Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: awesomeguy
Yesterday 04:27 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 101443
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 513
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2867
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 7255
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6974
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14330
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 240
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425372
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3828
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 517
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 324
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227279
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119500
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 382
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6987
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 608
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310531
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62213

[REQUEST] HP Elitebook 8560w Whitelist Removal
#1
Hi,

I've got a HP 8560W and I would like to use the WWAN card (hs2300, if I remember correctly), from my old laptop. Of course I get a message indicating that the module is not supported.

Could anyone please mod the following BIOS:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=be&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5071171&swItem=ob-96988-1&prodNameId=5071173&swEnvOID=4060&swLang=13&taskId=135&mode=5

if something else is needed, please let me know

find
quote
#2
I would forget about it, this new ProBook are unable to keep the modded bios and always revert back to original after flash.

If you still want to try i can waste some time in the mod, but i think it will be useless. Previous HP Probook requesters were unable to make the moded bios remain flashed. So... tell me. Wink

Which is the error presented when you put non authorised WWAN card?

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
So, there's no hope for me and my brand new ProBook 6560b? Is there something I can try to see if it works?
find
quote
#4
(08-21-2011, 08:05 AM)camiloml Wrote: I would forget about it, this new ProBook are unable to keep the modded bios and always revert back to original after flash.

If you still want to try i can waste some time in the mod, but i think it will be useless. Previous HP Probook requesters were unable to make the moded bios remain flashed. So... tell me. Wink

Which is the error presented when you put non authorised WWAN card?

To be a little more precise, this is an EliteBook workstation, maybe it makes a difference?
The error I get is something like The system has detected an unsupported module. And then "WWAN Module ID (703)".

If I don't risk bricking my laptop, I would like to give it a try. I don't know how much time it requires on your side?
find
quote
#5
Ok, i will try to make a mod for both your laptops, but it will be delayed some time, i suffered a HD crack and all my tools and got lost. So i must reinstall the full system again in the just bought new HD.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#6
(08-22-2011, 12:11 PM)camiloml Wrote: Ok, i will try to make a mod for both your laptops, but it will be delayed some time, i suffered a HD crack and all my tools and got lost. So i must reinstall the full system again in the just bought new HD.

no worries. and if you do manage to get it working, I'll contribute to the new HD, because you would be saving me money Smile

find
quote
#7
@siva

you have test file, it's DOS based, you will need an empty USB Stick to use it. Download file and execute it, then read instructions on screen to know how to proceed. Follow my signature directions to find your file. Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#8
(08-23-2011, 05:27 PM)camiloml Wrote: @siva

you have test file, it's DOS based, you will need an empty USB Stick to use it. Download file and execute it, then read instructions on screen to know how to proceed. Follow my signature directions to find your file. Wink

Hi, thanks for the try, but it didn't work. Before updating (after booting from the usb stick), I get an error message indicating that the file contains an error.


find
quote
#9
what does exactly the error say?
I made windows version, uploading now. Find in the same place.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#10
I'm running ubuntu, with vmware with win xp. so don't know if the windows version is useful.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)