Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108038
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14359
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425647
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3844
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 724
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227589
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119718
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310591
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

[REQUEST] HP Folio 13-1000 Series Whitelist Removal
#31
(05-13-2021, 01:11 AM)fc7 Wrote: After doing some research in the Internet, my conclusion is that I must use the backup/dump I took from the working BIOS before flashing the mod. This is a 4MB .bin file.
Am I right?
Ye, you are, but if you have the working dump, otherwise I'd have to fix the current bios.
find
quote
#32
Yes I have it since when flashing the modded one I changed the platform.ini file to take a backup of the current one (that was working fine).
Thanks for confirming. I will report back later today if I was successful recovering with the programmer.

BTW do you want me to upload somewhere, the working backup?
Since it's not signed I think the modifications can be done directly there with less risk of breaking it. Right?
find
quote
#33
(05-13-2021, 02:16 AM)fc7 Wrote: BTW do you want me to upload somewhere, the working backup?
Since it's not signed I think the modifications can be done directly there with less risk of breaking it. Right?
I don't need backup, because It is just decrypted, but still signed.
Let the HW programmer do its job, and write the results of flashing another mod. Failure will mean that it's over, no mod for this bios.
find
quote
#34
So I flashed it with the backup that was done while flashing the modded BIOS and now the laptop is turning on, the screen is also on, but I just get a blinking cursor in the top left corner of the screen and nothing happens. It is just stuck there.

Not sure what to do now. Is there any way to flash the .fd file that comes with the stock HP bios package?
I don't think it can be done right away with the programmer.
find
quote
#35
(05-13-2021, 09:51 AM)fc7 Wrote: Not sure what to do now. Is there any way to flash the .fd file that comes with the stock HP bios package?
The bios is recovered now, if the caps does not blink, there is no need to take any more actions on the bios.
Now it's OS Windows thing. Perhaps, boot priority settings in bios setup are simply had been reset to default.
find
quote
#36
Not sure it's really recovered, if I restart then the screen is not turning on anymore and nothing happens, not even the capslock blinking I had before.
On top of that I cannot access any boot menu or setup menu it's like something was missing from the bin file I took.
I tried disconnecting the CMOS battery (disconnected it while flashing with the programmer) and also the battery. Afterwards the screen is back on with the blinking cursor but nothing happens and if I press ctrl+alt+del and restart then the screen never turn on again. I need to unplug from A/C wait a couple of minutes and try again (some capacitors need discharge it seems), to get back to the screen on with the blinking cursor.

I'm thinking on reflashing with the same file but using a different version of the programming software, 1.4 instead of 1.29 I used or even using the ASProgrammer application.
Another option is to somehow flash the FD file from the BIOS package, but I think is bigger than the BIOS chip size so I think I have to somehow extract it from there.

Maybe use the phoenic tool, and flash the .DEC file?
find
quote
#37
(05-13-2021, 10:24 AM)fc7 Wrote: Another option is to somehow flash the FD file from the BIOS package, but I think is bigger than the BIOS chip size so I think I have to somehow extract it from there.
Will do, need your bios backup to replace DMI data.
find
quote
#38
(05-13-2021, 10:57 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 10:24 AM)fc7 Wrote: Another option is to somehow flash the FD file from the BIOS package, but I think is bigger than the BIOS chip size so I think I have to somehow extract it from there.
Will do, need your bios backup to replace DMI data.

Here is the backup file created while flashing the modded BIOS: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As07b4eTbk-drXGs7lLI...L?e=KU9V8X
find
quote
#39
017F8_fc7.fd ready to flash. It is the .DEC file with data from your backup.
find
quote
#40
(05-13-2021, 11:42 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: 017F8.fd ready to flash. It is the .DEC file with data from your backup.

Thanks but I managed to recover it to the original BIOS! I found this thread https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-f...with-ch341 and use the tool hewprsa.exe to extract the bin file from the fd file in the BIOS update package from HP. Flashed that with AsProgrammer 1.4.1 and voila! On boot the boot block of the BIOS was updated and everything is back to normal.

Now that I have a clear restore procedure and BIOS file to use, do you want to me to try another modded BIOS?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)