Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104590
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 979
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8480
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8161
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14340
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 248
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425526
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3837
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 527
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 328
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227444
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119624
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6993
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 614
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62217

[REQUEST] Lenovo B51-80 Unlock Bios
#1
Hey,

I want to unlock all hidden options for this laptop, mainly to be able to change the HD520 default DVMT prealloc (can't change it using EFI shell via setup_var)
If it helps, the variable that needs changing is 0x180 to 0x20.

The bios ROM backup can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv6hsjtv7mg6l2...9.rom?dl=0

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thank you.
find
quote
#2
(01-06-2017, 01:35 PM)blkfry Wrote: Hey,

I want to unlock all hidden options for this laptop, mainly to be able to change the HD520 default DVMT prealloc (can't change it using EFI shell via setup_var)
If it helps, the variable that needs changing is 0x180 to 0x20.

Please let me know if anything else is needed.

Thank you.
Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#3
(01-06-2017, 04:48 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote: Hi
Your bios chip is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

Hi, I have the same laptop B51-80 and the same request, unlock all menus in this bios. I also have an external SPI programmer used to wipe intel ME. Can you please explain how to do this and what I need? Really thank you. Rolleyes

PS:the BIOS is here: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mob...cn35ww.exe
find
quote
#4
(11-24-2017, 04:05 PM)8105 Wrote: Hi, I have the same laptop B51-80 and the same request, unlock all menus in this bios. I also have an external SPI programmer used to wipe intel ME. Can you please explain how to do this and what I need? Really thank you. Rolleyes
Hi
first use SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip and make bios dump
find
quote
#5
Hi, I need to unlock the bios for my Lenovo B51-80, to enable AHCI for my 850 Evo SSD. The current bios installed is InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0 (D7CN35WW (V3.08)), however there is no access to this setting, and I think it needs to be unlocked. Kind regards.
find
quote
#6
(10-14-2018, 05:57 AM)kripat-96 Wrote: Hi, I need to unlock the bios for my Lenovo B51-80, to enable AHCI for my 850 Evo SSD. The current bios installed is InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0 (D7CN35WW (V3.08)), however there is no access to this setting, and I think it needs to be unlocked. Kind regards.
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#7
(10-14-2018, 07:22 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 05:57 AM)kripat-96 Wrote: Hi, I need to unlock the bios for my Lenovo B51-80, to enable AHCI for my 850 Evo SSD. The current bios installed is InsydeH20 Rev. 5.0 (D7CN35WW (V3.08)), however there is no access to this setting, and I think it needs to be unlocked. Kind regards.
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only

Hi, thanks for the help
Is there any way I could change the SATA interface to AHCI without doing this?
find
quote
#8
Hi, is it possible to unlock the advanced settings in this BIOS?
LENOVO-D7CN15WW(V1.01)
find
quote
#9
(05-22-2020, 04:25 AM)Zvitman Wrote: Hi, is it possible to unlock the advanced settings in this BIOS?
LENOVO-D7CN15WW(V1.01)
Hi
Need your bios dump
find
quote
#10
(05-22-2020, 07:11 AM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 04:25 AM)Zvitman Wrote: Hi, is it possible to unlock the advanced settings in this BIOS?
LENOVO-D7CN15WW(V1.01)
Hi
Need your bios dump

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PE0yV63...sp=sharing
thanks for the help
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)