Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.12 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 717
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107624
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3534
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9182
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8728
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14343
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425616
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227510
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119699
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 617
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310572
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

[REQUEST] Lenovo G500(S) (7BCNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
Your mod completed and sent in PM!Check it!
find
quote
Everything is working great! Thanks
Yet it seems that changing the amount of dedicated RAM to the iGPU bricked my laptop.

Still you did a great job so I donated Big Grin
find
quote
Unfortunately most hidden options at Lenovo laptops didnt workSad
Fan options didnt work also. If you are disabling iGpu then it will brick laptop.
find
quote
But clearing the cmos should've fixed it shouldn't it?
Anyway I am planning on replacing the BIOS chip with a new preprogrammed one. Hopefully that'll fix it
find
quote
Only SPI PGM can recover your laptop!Just read dump using Programmer and upload it here.I have your saved dump with default settings.
I'll modify bios again and you know that changing videosettings is dangerous operationSmile
find
quote
I really appreciate your help but I don't have a SPI programmer nor do I know how to use one. In addition I don't know if the BIOS chip survives the desoldering as I also don't have a heat gun so I'll have to use my soldering iron and the preprogrammed chips are also fairly cheap (Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bios-Lenovo-G500...SwYaFWdzTT).
That's why I thought I could just replace the chip with one of those and afterwards reflash the modified BIOS you send me.
Wouldn't that fix my issue?
find
quote
You can flash bios without solder station Smile
Look there
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...1#pid74571
it is just easy)
find
quote
The content of bios chips and bios dump by Intel FPT are usually not same.You need Programmer to read full dump from bios chips.
find
quote
Wow I've never heard anything of such clips. That's awesome Big Grin
So I'm going to buy those two parts:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/switch-language/product/B01GBEST06/ref=cs_switchlang?ie=UTF8&keywords=SOIC8%20SOP8%20test%20clip&language=en_GB&qid=1468356237&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.de/gp/switch-language/product/B00PDH366U/ref=cs_switchlang?ie=UTF8&keywords=CH341A%20programmer&language=en_GB&qid=1468356162&sr=8-3


Are they allright? If yes, shipping is going to take some time so I'll inform you here, when they arrive.

Here is a picture of the BIOS chip btw (It's the cFeon one in the middle)
[Image: IMG_20160712_210730.jpg]
find
quote
Flash Devices Found ---
EN25QH64 ID:0x1C7017 Size: 8192KB (65536Kb)
It is your bios chip name "EN25QH64"
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)