Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.12 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 461
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 104603
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 981
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3355
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 8482
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8165
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14342
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425539
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 530
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 668
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227493
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119637
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 385
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6995
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 616
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310567
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62221

[REQUEST] Lenovo G500(S) (7BCNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
So the chip in the picture seems to be the right one Smile
find
quote
Yes, it are universal tools.However, please check if clips are compatible with programmer.
Best order is all parts from one seller who can confirm it're compatibility.
find
quote
As you recommedned I searched for the tools from one seller. I could only find one seller who had both but they were way to expensive (27 € in total) and the products had a bad reviews so I searched if the two I mentioned in post #14 were compatible but I could't find anything.
For me they seem compatible as the clip is for 24/25/93 series chips and the programmer supports 24/25.
So I think I'll just buy them
find
quote
The parts finally arrived. I tried reading the chip but EN25QH64 is not available in the software. 
The software I'm using:
[Image: Screenshot_20160723_193935.png]
find
quote
Hello!
Ask seller if he have sowtware which supports your bios chip.
You must attach AC Adapter without power on laptop.
find
quote
Allright just contacted them
find
quote
Finally they replied and send me some junk software that didn't work at all. Afterwards I tried reading the chip under Linux with Flashrom (https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom) as it supports the CH341A programmer as well as my BIOS chip, the EON EN25QH64 but it isn't able to read it. I'm always getting this error message:


Code:
Couldn't open device 1a86:5512.
Error: Programmer initialization failed.

I also tried ch341prog (https://github.com/setarcos/ch341prog) but I'm getting basically the same error message:

Code:
Couldn't open device [1a86:5512].

Is it possible that the CH341A itself isn't compatible with the EN25QH64?
find
quote
Allright after some tinkering I finally got it  Big Grin . I read the chip with Flashrom on my Linux machine. 

Here is the dump: http://tinyurl.com/zn9upqg


And some checksums just to make sure the download isn't corrupted Smile  :
md5sum    bab2e0b6e37933a3e5c6c6968b388573  backup.bin 
sha256sum 4066038be7d2bf32745b47d1d9ea83a711eb1ab5c432e217706ae05d9401f773  backup.bin
find
quote
Your modded dump with default settings completed and sent in pm!Check it!Smile
find
quote
Working beautifully Smile  
Thank you for your help you're the best  Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)