Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 91
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424376
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3608
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 197
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224372
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119161
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 270
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6778
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309678
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61955
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 615
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20268
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169251
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6334
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 817
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5785
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61188

[REQUEST] Lenovo G505S (83CNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#71
(07-28-2016, 04:18 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Modded bios is nothing if you cant flash it!
I have done mod for this laptop before so it is confirmed mod!
All possible to unlock if user is ready:
- to complete his request (have all necessary tools and saved bios dump)
- donate for dangerous work, you can easy get unconditional laptop.
If you disagree with these steps so you are not strongly needed this mod!
All laptops with AMD cpu can get modded bios using SPI PGM only!
Some laptops with Intel Cpu can get modded bios using special software Intel Flash Programming Tool.
All are mostly possible to unlock, but how much user is ready to pay for it?(tools and etc.)
Do you want to continue?

Hi, can you send me modded bios please? I want to buy SPI programmer but without modded file it's useless Smile My laptop g505s is overheating because bios automatically set quiet fan mode. There is no manual control..
find
quote
#72
(06-04-2014, 04:39 PM)Presha Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 04:34 PM)BDMaster Wrote:
(06-04-2014, 02:59 PM)Presha Wrote: BDMaster are you able to help with my bios please? I'm desperate to get the tabs open.

Thanks

Hi friend,
Download and unpack the Recovery Mod File :

http://rghost.net/56176309

Create an USB Stick Dos Fat32 Formatted and copy that file into then use Recovery Procedure :

- Performing the emergency flash:

- Shutdown the netbook (notebook)
- Remove all peripheral devices
- Remove battery, Remove AC power cord
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds (battery and AC power still out), then release
- Put the USB Memory Stick in the USB port
- Hold "Fn" + "Esc" and plug the AC power cord in
- Now press the power button (whilst still holding Fn + Esc).
Wait until the fan will run, then release "Fn" + "Esc" keys
- The fan will run for about 2-10 minutes and the USB drive activity LED will blink
- I think the netbook rebooted automatically. If it doesn't, unplug the AC power cord once the fan has turned off

The bios should be updated with the modified BIOS, and boot as per normal.

Let me know
Regards

Thankyou! I will try this ASAP, i was even following Donovans guide but it was slow progress and i was suck at one point.

I will update my progress
find
quote
#73
Can u re-upload the file. I wanna try it with spi flasher.
find
quote
#74
Question 
Hi all, I have a few questions and any help is greatly appreciated.

I recently bought a Lenovo G505s - Type 80AM (Model: 20255) with an AMD A10-5750M and dual graphics. Windows 8 is installed (for now).

If I want the advanced settings unlocked do I need to flash externally?

Can I flash "83CN53WW_v3.00_clean_BIOS.bin" and/or "83EC53WW_v3.00_clean_KB9012.bin" from https://github.com/g505s-opensource-rese...roprietary internally or can only stock Lenovo BIOS images be flashed internally?

I just bought a CH341A Mini Programmer from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32725360255.html for ~$2 AUD but it may take a long time to arrive from China.

The notebook came with
BIOS Version 83CN12WW(V1.01)
EC Version    83EC12WW(V1.01)
and I wanted to update to
BIOS Version 83CN53WW(V3.00)
EC Version    83EC53WW(V3.00)
which is now done but for some reason, I had to use the Fn+R Recovery Procedure to get the BIOS updated as I couldn't update it with software.

Fn+R with VALGCX64.fd (and .bin and .rom) on a FAT32 formatted USB stick plugged into the right side port worked for me. I don't know if the file name and/or extension or the USB port matters but it might. It's not Fn+Esc as I tried it before trying Fn+R and it didn't work.

Even the official Lenovo Windows flasher "winflash(3.00).exe" wouldn't update the BIOS, it showed the BIOS Version as INVALID, the EC Version as 83EC53WW(V3.00) and an error message popped up.

I tried FLASHIT 1.3u that I found on https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Welcome-FAQ...t/p/278406 but all it'd do is say "Error:Not support AT-p information CL Regisry:0x2"

I then found InsydeH2OFFT_x86_DOS_100.00.08.18 from https://www.insyde.com/downloadcenter on https://www.win-raid.com/t4631f16-Insyde...l#msg76187 which partially worked.

I ran H2OFFT-D.exe from FreeDOS and it said:

Insyde H2OFFT (Flash Firmware Tool) Version (SEG) 100.00.08.18

Warning
The region map shouldn't have duplicate region type within.
Initializing

Error: The region map has no end type (0xFF).
Current BIOS Model name: INVALID
New BIOS Model name: INVALID

Current BIOS version: 83CN12WW(V1.01)
New BIOS version: 83CN53WW(V3.00)

Dangerous! Do you want to flash BIOS? (Y/N)

I decided to press Y and then it updated the EC but not the BIOS.


What could be the reason for the errors? Could it be a bug in the BIOS (versions prior to 2.05 have a CPU performance killing bug for example)?
find
quote
#75
Does anyone know which BIOS chip is inside the G505s? Is it a Winbond W25Q32FV (32M-bit) with product number W25Q32FVSSIQ and top side marking 25Q32FVSIQ?

Edit: Is it the third one down in this image (on the right side column)?

[Image: 853179-DI2.gif]

Also, does anyone know of any guides or websites with info on compiling coreboot for the G505s?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#76
hi! please remove whitelist wifi
lenovo g505s
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/dhdw...X6PFAglS9g
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)