Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6361
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14009
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424488
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3625
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 314
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224608
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119177
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6792
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 417
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309744
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61972
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20285
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169363
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6355
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 832

[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (62CNxxWW) Whitelist removal
#1
Hi, Please Help!
I have a Lenovo G580(20157),

Bios ver.: 62CN40WW
Bios Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/u0s179
Current original card Broadcom BCM43XX, ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_051B14E4&REV_01
Card to be adde : Intel Ultimate N Wi-Fi Link 5300

if possible, remove the WiFi whitelist from this BIOS.
find
quote
#2
Please help me remove whitelist for G580 (20157)
This is my bios backup
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?75lnm099yey4jb9
find
quote
#3
(05-18-2013, 10:03 PM)nkphuongxp Wrote: Please help me remove whitelist for G580 (20157)
This is my bios backup
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?75lnm099yey4jb9

Bios mod: Lenovo_G580_62CN90WW_BACKUP_NWL_nkphuongxp
https://www.box.com/s/v4rd22mi05ji8dymexfp
Look README to update. Please post results.
This mod for your PC only!!!
find
quote
#4
(05-21-2013, 03:13 AM)sovem Wrote: Bios mod: Lenovo_G580_62CN90WW_BACKUP_NWL_nkphuongxp
https://www.box.com/s/v4rd22mi05ji8dymexfp
Look README to update. Please post results.
This mod for your PC only!!!
Hi sovem,
Thank you for your quick support!
Unfortunately I got this "Error 28 message" when trying to run flash.bat and flash2.bat, of course, I tried to run in pure dos mode.
[Image: DSC_0632_zps05200d3b.jpg]
Any solution my friend?
find
quote
#5
(05-21-2013, 07:05 AM)nkphuongxp Wrote: Hi sovem,
Thank you for your quick support!
Unfortunately I got this "Error 28 message" when trying to run flash.bat and flash2.bat, of course, I tried to run in pure dos mode.
Any solution my friend?

Hi.
Disable "Secure boot" in bios?
find
quote
#6
(05-21-2013, 07:15 AM)sovem Wrote: Hi.
Disable "Secure boot" in bios?

Hi sovem,
This is sreenshot in my bios option, i'm not sure if it is Secure boot is disable or not because I can't set it manually
[Image: 20130521_193739_zps7631de8d.jpg]

[Image: 20130521_193748_zps2c70d97e.jpg]

Update:
I also tried to flash by using Recovery method (Fn+R key), I saw the led of usb hdd flashing for several seconds but not sure if bios.bin/VIUS3.bin file is written in to G580's bios.
After that I install Intel 5300 WLAN card and turn the laptop on, "104 unsupported wireless network device detected" message is showing up as it was.

Still needing your support you guys...
find
quote
#7
(05-21-2013, 07:43 AM)nkphuongxp Wrote:
(05-21-2013, 07:15 AM)sovem Wrote: Hi.
Disable "Secure boot" in bios?

Hi sovem,
This is sreenshot in my bios option, i'm not sure if it is Secure boot is disable or not because I can't set it manually
[Image: 20130521_193739_zps7631de8d.jpg]

[Image: 20130521_193748_zps2c70d97e.jpg]

Update:
I also tried to flash by using Recovery method (Fn+R key), I saw the led of usb hdd flashing for several seconds but not sure if bios.bin/VIUS3.bin file is written in to G580's bios.
After that I install Intel 5300 WLAN card and turn the laptop on, "104 unsupported wireless network device detected" message is showing up as it was.

Still needing your support you guys...

Try that: reset the BIOS and flash the original firmware, then flash mod
find
quote
#8
(05-21-2013, 12:00 PM)ikotzz Wrote: Try that: reset the BIOS and flash the original firmware, then flash mod

Hi ikotzz,
Thanks for your reply but I can't find any other source for the original firmware, there's no firmware for my laptop on the Lenovo's website:
Quote:BIOS Update is not required for this product - Lenovo G480 (2688, 20156), G580 (2689, 20157)
I intend to try the file from your sendspace link but realized that its different a bit from mine: yours is 62CN40WW, my one is 62CN90WW. I don't know what will happen when I use your file so I dare not to try Confused
find
quote
#9
Information 
(05-18-2013, 10:03 PM)nkphuongxp Wrote: Please help me remove whitelist for G580 (20157)
This is my bios backup
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?75lnm099yey4jb9

Hi brother have a nice day !!

I have a laptop lenovo G480 (20156) and i need bios recovery or driver from version 62CN90WW so the backup that you have uploaded to mediafire link is from 62CN90WW?

Please help i need to restore my bios like factory default
find
quote
#10
Hi, I have the same problem to switch to another card wifi on Lenovo G580 (2689)

[Image: jpijoi.png]

BIOS Backup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgz5g58ndnrle1...CN42WW.rom


Thanks!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)