Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6401
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14037
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 136
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3651
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 236
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224752
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119202
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6814
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309804
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169424
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Lenovo G585 Whitelist Removal
#1
Hi, I just got this laptop and the wifi is very buggy in Ubuntu. I tried to change wifi card but it is not authorized by Lenovo. I have been looking around and I could not find a modified BIOS for this computer, so if somebody can help me I would appreciate it.

description: Notebook
vendor: LENOVO
version: Lenovo G585
BIOS vendor: LENOVO
version: 6CCN88WW(V8.01) (InsydeH2o)
Link to BIOSBig Grinumped using universal tool. Not available at LENOVO website: http://www.mediafire.com/?7we5tg1kdmdamz6
Wireless card that came in laptop:Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002b] (rev 01).vendor:168c. Device: 002b
Information provided by windowsTongueCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_30A117AA&REV_01

Again, thank you very much. I'm Willing to donate if somebody can help
find
quote
#2
Anybody?
find
quote
#3
Lenovo G585 Notebook
Bios version: Lenovo 6CCN18WW
Original bios: not awailable on the website
Bios backup: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ccfc4be1
Currently running: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
PCI-ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_30A117AA&REV_01
Would like to run: Broadcom bcm431

Thank You
find
quote
#4
(07-21-2014, 08:14 AM)idalevan Wrote: Lenovo G585 Notebook
Bios version: Lenovo 6CCN18WW
Original bios: not awailable on the website
Bios backup: http://www.datafilehost.com/d/ccfc4be1
Currently running: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter
PCI-ID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_30A117AA&REV_01
Would like to run: Broadcom bcm431

Thank You

Sorry, but phnxtool have a weird behavior on my computer. I tried to open it with no slic option, but it warns me after removing the whitelist that bios wont be bootable Dodgy . Thus, I can't recommend you to use mine.

Maybe TheWiz or any admin would be more qualified than me.

PLEASE REMEMBER: I can't be held responsible if following my instructions results in a brick or non working system. I will do my best to help you recover your system, please see the BIOS Recovery tab (4th tab) of the website if any problem.

If I helped you, please leave a positive reputation on my profile page: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/User-acrilex
find
quote
#5
I don't like to bump, but my original wifi card just died 2 days ago. As I don't have warranty, I'm now Ethernet bound. Anyone?
find
quote
#6
LENOVO G585. I post my bios here http://www.fileshare.ro/e31227551 ... plz remove my wireless restriction... thx in advance
find
quote
#7
Hello. I just purchased a couple of Intel 7260 AC cards for my daughters laptops.
The first Lenovo (z710)went fine.

The second one - a G585 went badly. I got the "not authorized" message at boot.

This model has no Bios to download from Lenovo.
I used the Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0 to get a copy of the BIOS.
I've uploaded it to a mega address

I also ran "Backup Tools" and posted the results.rar on mega as well.

I took a pic of the bios screen,the new wifi card and a screengrab of the original wifi cars PCI.
I hope that's the right thing to show.

[Image: e0dbfa58-e0d5-4b97-856f-9be92560693e_zpsnajacfsi.jpg]
[Image: 47880fe0-c8e1-4af0-bc73-f16d7bea3670_zpshimle8uw.jpg]
[Image: pid_zpsndia2ybc.jpg]

This is a screengrab of the PCI information of 7260ac that is in the Lenovo Z710.
I don't know of that helps.
[Image: 7260ac%20pci%20id_zpsfloaqynp.jpg]

I hope you have some time to help me out.
Thank you.
find
quote
#8
I've been searching a lot,and this site looks like my best chance to get this wireless ac card working.
If by some chance I find a solution,I'll update this post.
I've tried following this guide. I have no idea whats going on.
Regards.
find
quote
#9
This laptop has only an issue It has AMD CPU and Insyde Bios !
I haven't a tool to reflash Bios Mod (as are Signed) on Intel We are using
FPT, but on AMD We haven't such program !
Can You get H SPI Programmer and Pomona Soic Clip ?
Look here :

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...5#pid74575

let me know
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#10
Thanks for the reply BDMaster.
I thought there must be something different about this laptop.
Every search I did I found people with the same problem but it was never resolved.

Ok, I'm looking into buying those parts. I'll have to be sure to get the right things.
I would still need the modified bios though.
I'm going to take a look at the laptop. See if I can find the bios chip.

Well, I ordered the two parts. They'll be here in a month. lol
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)